Customer Service Analyst (Supply chain)
The Customer Service Analyst is primarily responsible for working with our customers to develop the most accurate forecast possible for promotions and events (new listings, product changes etc) to maintain excellent on shelf availability, forecast accuracy and service level.
The main focus is on providing the Upfield planning and sales teams with insight from the customer via detailed understanding of customer systems and processes at store and depot level to facilitate the execution of events and communicating information to the customer about upcoming Upfield activities.
The role will also involve some project activities with the customer to improve our service or delivery efficiency.
This role will require regular meetings at customer head office and will interact with customer systems as well as Upfield systems.
The Customer Service Analyst will be reactive to short term demand fluctuations and provide insight on stock, changes to distribution and buy-in phasing to help to interpret stock flow patterns and facilitate decision making during short stock situations but the primary focus will be on ensuring the forecast is right first time to avoid the need for this.
Working closely with key contacts with the customer
- Drive sales through optimising flow of stock to shelf.
- Report, analyse and deliver on KPIs by implementing continuous improvement activities related to availability, inventory, forecasting, execution of events and value creation.
- Build close relationships to create a partnership with an open and transparent dialogue and flow of information.
- Deliver optimum On Shelf Availability through interactions with customer systems and processes.
- Administer CPFR (collaborative planning, forecast and replenishment) cyclical process and support account manager in short term planning meeting with customer buyer and supply chain.
- Maintaining customer satisfaction levels.
Working closely with key contacts within Upfield
- Support Demand Planners in short term through weekly review and communication of volume variances as well as medium term through formal root cause analysis of major variances and taking preventative actions.
- Alert planning team to critical SKUs that sell very differently to plan and support resolution of disconnect between supply and demand.
- Handle major variances to customer ordering pattern, such as depot or store openings and network changes.
- Support total customer service team and maintain operational cover in times of absence or other priorities
- Minimum of Three (3) years Customer Service, preferred in FMCG
- Bachelor's degree in Sciences, business training field (preferably Economics, Logistics, Supply Chain), or related field.
- Customer & service mindset, taking ownership to resolve customer issues
- Proactive, self starter
- Ability to build relationship be a strong team player both within Upfield and customer
- Good communication management internal and external, influence and communicate at all levels
- High analytical skills, numeracy and logical reasoning, attention to detail
- Planning and organization skills
- Growth mentality, can understand financial impact of decisions
- Results driven and willingness to take over responsibility
- Strong decision making
- Flexible/adaptable to change
- Intermediate level at Microsoft Excel (vlookup and pivot tables)
- Influencing skills
- Solid SAP knowledge
- Project management
Upfield is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.