Based in Santa Iria de Azoia, Portugal
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
The Factory Controller leads the finance function in the factory and has the responsibility to drive the factory financial performance and to assure financial control. He/she is an active member of the Site Leadership team and is responsible for the finance area of the factory. Main job responsibilities are:
Ensuring the delivery of the site’s costs targets.
Completion of financial modelling and analysis in support of capital investments or other adhoc business proposals as needed.
To play a key role in all areas of the site’s Leadership Team including strategy, business plan and general site issues.
Work closely with European SC Finance Team on SU results.
- Be the Finance Business Partner to the Site director and the Leadership team, and provide decision support and financial analysis to the strategic plans of the factory that create value.
- Drive the performance of the site together with the leadership team;
- Be responsible for all financial activities in the site, including all elements of financial control: delivery of sourcing unit results, management of capital expenditure, accurate and timely reporting of actuals and highlighting financial forecasts on site, if applicable manages for Transfer Price calculation applying the Activity Based Costing (ABC) methodology;
- Drive cost deployment activities and lead teams to deliver sustainable cost improvement in the factory;
- Working Capital management for the Factory (mainly Stocks and Payables).
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
This is a great job for you, if YOU:
- Have a master’s degree in management, Finance, Accounting or equivalent;
- Have at least 4 years of experience in financial, operational and business partnering roles;
- Have experience of working in cross functional teams within a matrix environment desirable;
- Have experience in Factory Finance team;
- Have advanced knowledge of Office tools, namely Excel;
- Have experience in SAP is a plus;
- Are fluent in English and Portuguese.
Your Personal Power!
- Have excellent analytical and communication skills with ability to respond under pressure;
- Have the ability to influence senior stakeholders;
- Have an analytical mind, with high attention to details and accuracy;
- Are flexible and open minded, quick to adapt to changing requirements;
- Are capable to work independently in an ever changing, fast moving environment;
- Can spot and solve needs and problems proactively;
- Are not easily stressed by managing different, often conflicting priorities and deadlines;
- Have composure, resilience and stress resistance, with high energy level;
- Have high level of accountability.
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
Upfield is a multi-billion, global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Becel, ProActiv, Vaqueiro, Planta and Tulicreme.
We are a global food company operating in 95 markets.
We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving, at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.