Junior Commercial Financial Controller
Junior Commercial Finance Controller
Based in Warsaw, Poland
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets with more than 30bn consumer touch points with our products every year. Still, we have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves
Junior Commercial Finance Controller will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of commercial and financial support for the organization. This person will also partner the business in order to maximize the opportunities for sustainable business turnaround and profitable growth.
Will report to Central Europe Performance Manager.
Your Main Responsibilities:
Business Delivery & Performance Management
- Providing support and recommendations to Performance Manager, CFO, Sales & Marketing Leaders regarding business development decisions and finance related issues,
- Provide analytics and insights to drive business performance, pricing, investment and innovation decisions with respective corrective actions follow up reporting,
- In-year holistic business delivery across all KPIs (Net sales & EBIT, Market Share, Cash & Working Capital),
- Active identification of opportunities and risk to forecast (every day!)
- Active discounts control incl. promotional to secure positive return of investment,
- Active support in forecasting/budgeting and longer-term strategic planning processes,
- Insightful analysis of actuals to forecast and target deviations - corrective actions follow up,
- Optimizing promotional spends (in cooperation with Sales Team and Trade marketing)
- Brand and Marketing investment control
- Facilitating decisions related to Gross margin management and quarterly strategic commercial activation programs,
- Business Cases preparation and follow up
- Responsibility for Daily Sales reporting improvements
- A very strong academic record
- CIMA / ACCA / CFA (qualification or in advanced progress) will be strong asset
- Commercial business partnering experience with proven ability to deliver results,
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization (cross-functional) with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of financial metrics,
- Strong track record of delivery in previous Finance roles
- Strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, good team player, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines, great communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical bias and Microsoft Excel skills
- PowerPoint capability
- Contract of employment in highly entrepreneurial team running an international business
- Opportunity to develop in young & dynamic work environment
- An attractive Benefit Programme including a Multisport card and medical care and life insurance
- Great office in good locatio
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
At Upfield our purpose is clear …… Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of B2B business, and would like to join us, apply online and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!