Assistant Manager – Infrastructure Hosting
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
Reporting directly to Sr. Infrastructure Manager, the Assistant Manager - Infrastructure is responsible for the Hosting solution design and operations across the IT landscape for the organization.
Your Main Responsibilities: -
- Manage Infrastructure-Hosting requirements and delivery via supplier teams in line with outsourcing agreements.
- Scope includes Deployment and operations of Hosting (Private Cloud and Local Hosting), Service Desk, Collaboration and Productivity services across the organization.
- Provide functional knowledge and technical expertise to help design solutions which align with the company’s strategic vision.
- Work closely with Vendors Product teams to maintain a strategic awareness of and influence the direction of the Roadmaps of our selected technologies.
- Develop, grow and maintain effective working partnerships with Vendors, suppliers and all service providers
- Establish and maintain a very strong Partner Relationship to the Directors, Managers and teams across the Baking, cooking & Spreads business.
- Maintain a view of future technologies that would enhance, simply or delight our Customers and shareholders
Knowledge & Experience:
- Extensive experience in IT Infrastructure-Hosting ideally with in a global organization for globally consumed products and services.
- 5+years’ experience in Infrastructure-Hosting across various Cloud Delivery and Deployment Models.
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing infrastructure requirements and delivery via Supplier teams and outsourcing agreements.
- 5 years of experience in managing SAP Hosting – ECC 6.0 or S/4 HANA (preferred) On-Premise or Cloud (preferred).
- 3-5 years of managing IT Helpdesk activities for a regional/global organization across time-zones.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree level education.
- Sound, broad knowledge of IT and business context.
- Excellent communication and senior stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent Team management, recruitment and development skills.
- Significant experience of supplier management.
- Personal drive, with a track record of working to tight timelines in a challenging environment.
- Understands the importance of diverse cultures and values different views and perspectives.
- Understands the importance and objectives of the Upfield organisation.
- Appreciation of the challenges faced with a greenfield site, with the mindset required for successful outcome.
- Recognises the importance of a well-defined clear business strategy.
- Excellent leadership qualities, encouraging ownership, assertiveness and openly challenging to get the best from teams and partners.