Senior Demand Supply Planner
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
The Demand Planner or Supply Chain Operations Leader (SCOL) the linking pin between supply and demand. Responsibility is to manage demand and supply operations in order to optimize customer case fill and inform senior stakeholders (Marketing, Sales and the Plant leads) about stock risks, opportunities and goals. Needless to say this is a senior role which demands strong social skills and superior analytical skills combined with Food Industry Experience
Demand Planners are primarily responsible for using various sources of business insights to create and update forecasts which will be used across the enterprise to improve fill rates and drive inventory efficiency. In creating the best forecasts, the Demand Planner will need to weight and assess various inputs, including but not limited to input from functional stakeholders (such as marketing and sales), review of prior sales and inventory history, upcoming promotions, market data, product categorization and statistical modeling.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Build, maintain, and improve demand forecasts using existing tools and systems to create the best statistical models.
- Work cross-functionally across multiple departments to collect information on promotions, sales/marketing initiatives, category growth and penetration initiatives, market data, and price fluctuations to improve the model and make better educated assumptions.
- Develop Demand Forecasts at several levels of aggregation (category hierarchy and/or customer segment hierarchy), for weekly/monthly demand planning functions.
- Create, analyze, and present visualizations around the statistical forecast model at a high level and with a drill-able functionality.
- Work with big data, including preparing and cleaning data for statistical modeling.
- Perform both product and customer segmentation analysis to determine appropriate focus areas
- Monitor SKU level purchases and sales to be able to recommend inventory optimization and product rationalization initiatives in the future.
- Assist in the preparation for the recurring Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meeting cadence and ensure process and staff are identifying opportunities for business improvement for presentation at the monthly Executive Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) review.
- Engage directly with key supplier partners, Supply Planning and Category Management on identified inbound supply opportunities.
- Work with Demand and Supply Planning leadership by being a key technical resource and helping refine departmental strategies and tactics.
- Other duties as assigned
- Make optimal trade-offs in stock allocation across all customers from a total business perspective
- Update order management database in case of demand variations which lead to low cover or out of stocks
- Mitigate and support in supply when demand variations lead to stock availability issues
- Mitigate supply and demand risks in case of quality issues and stay in contact with the QA manager
- Analyze KPI reports regarding customer service levels and take corrective actions when needed to ensure improvement
Skills and Experience Required
- Master’s degree Supply Chain, Operations, Data Analytics, Information Systems, Mathematics.
- Food Industry Experience
- 5+ years of experience in FMCG Supply Chain with a focus on Demand disciplines or related field.
- Strong mathematical and analytics skills
- Experience with Demand Planning software SAP APO.
- Excellent communication skills (in Dutch & English)
- Knowledge of SC and Customer Service processes
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers. If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the CPG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal #LI-OV1