Short term Demand-Supply Planner
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
The Short Term Demand & Supply Planner or within Upfield called then Supply Chain Operations Leader (SCOL) the linking pin between supply and demand. His/ her responsibility is to manage demand and supply operations in order to optimize customer casefill and obsoletes performance and inform stakeholders about any stock risks and opportunities.
Day in a life:
You get into the office and before 10:00 you complete a few actions you did not have time to do yesterday. Before lunch time you monitor customer orders and make corrections in case we do not have enough stock, or you for see a future risk. You update the stakeholders when the orders a processed and ask for some help when some customers are ordering old products.
After a lunch with colleagues (we often sit at a big table together), you focus on the future service risks (2-10 wks out) and factories how we can solve them. You also spot a couple of obsolete issues, 3 of them are already on stock and we need sales plans for them. For another 2 SKU’s, you see a future production that might turn into an obsolete. You schedule a meeting with the stakeholders in SC, sales and marketing to overcome them.
Managing Service Levels / Stock Allocation:
- Secure daily process of customer orders from order to delivery at customers’ distribution centers, respecting customer delivery SLAs (e.g. today-for-today, 24-hours and 48-hours delivery on a 7 days per week operation)
Take action on demand and supply alerts coming from the different tools within SAP and other tools
- Make optimal trade-offs in stock allocation across all customers from a total business perspective
- Update order management database in case of demand variations which lead to low cover or out of stocks
- Mitigate and support in supply when demand variations lead to stock availability issues
- Mitigate supply and demand risks in case of quality issues and stay in contact with the QA manager
- Analyze KPI reports regarding customer service levels and take corrective actions when needed to ensure improvement
Business partner role:
- Ensure relevant and appropriate stakeholder management in order to reach alignment in the stock allocation process amongst customers
- Communicate supply and demand risks and opportunities pro-actively to sales and SC stakeholders
- Responsible for stock life cycle management (clear overstock / dead stock)
- Alert and capture stock to expire/ potential obsoletes (relaunches)
- Manage phasing in and phasing out of all new innovation / relaunches with factoies with respect to obsoletes
- Organize destruction of obsoletes (incl. Business approval)
- Deliver obsoletes target, including but not limited to pro-active identification of obsolete risks caused by demand deviations and oversupply
- Excellent communication skills (in Dutch & English)
- Knowledge of SC and Customer Service processes
- Knowledge of ERP Systems (preferably SAP/APO)
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Time management and priority setting skills
- Internal/External customer orientation
- Analytic ability
- Team commitment
- Entrepreneurial and growth mindset
- Influencing others
- Bachelor’s or preferred Master’s degree
- Background in Supply Chain or Customer Service
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Affinity with FMCG market
- Experience in Planning or Stock Management
- Experience in/proven track record in stakeholder management
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal #LI-OV1