We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
The purpose of the Demand Planning job can be split in 2 parts:
1) A responsibility for forecast and longer-term volume planning;
2) An important business partner for Marketing, Sales, Finance and Trade Category Management.
This leads to an exciting balance between number crunching and stakeholder management based on strong relations.
The forecasting part means responsibility for the total volume forecast for a rolling horizon of 18-24 months. The main focus is on the horizon of 0 - 6 months providing the business with a robust rolling volume forecast using category market intelligence. You are the driver of the volume forecast in the S&OP process (Business Forecast Process)
There is a part which is more operational, in which you need to be able to get energy in spotting short term challenges and agreeing with the factory/ short term ops lead and sales contacts on rapid solutions making the best out of an supply issue or last minute demand opportunity.
The business partnering sits in all elements. You help the factory and European SC to see and understand the market dynamics and equally Marketing and Sales to understand future volume trends and SC capabilities. As the planner is such an important pin in this web, clear communication is essential in order to succeed.
- Responsible for KPI’s as Forecast Accuracy, Forecast Bias, Dispatch Rate and Obsoletes.
- Managing appropriate stock levels, driven by forecast improvements.
- Manage the demand plan across multiple of marketsInnovation / relaunches
- Translate the innovation forecast for the full horizon (0-24 months) in APO.
- Represent MCO Supply Chain in Innovation project/ launch meetings for Go to market.
- Check feasibility of timings and production capacity of innovations and relaunches.
- Translate phasing in and out plan in the planning system in cooperation with the Supply Chain Operations and Customer teams.Business Partnering
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Sales, Trade Category Management, Marketing, and Finance business partners for forecast optimization purposes and perfect execution of product launches.
- Understanding of the emotion of the business in order to communicate and distribute the correct information to the business (develop a high degree of business sense).Obsoletes management
- Provide transparency about potential risks and obsolete regarding innovations, delisting’s and relaunches.
- Focus on prevention and solving of obsoletes (including approval of the business).
- Represent Supply Chain with respect to obsolete related topics.
- Analytical, Excel skills are the basics, Power BI the new tool set
- Excellent communication skills. Lost in translation happens between levels, cultures and functions. Can you communicate across?
- Structured way of working, you like your lists and checks.
- Passion for building and improving relationships cross countries and cross functions within an energizing multinational environment
- Knowledge of demand planning and systems, e.g. SAP/ APO/ IBP / Excel/ Power BI
- Operational experience in and knowledge of the Supply Chain
- Experience in the area of FMCG is preferred
- Languages: fluent English and Spanish.
Your Personal Power!
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have an analytical mind, with high attention to details and accuracy;
- Are capable to work independently in an ever changing, fast moving environment;
- Can spot and solve needs and problems proactively;
- Are not easily stressed by managing different, often conflicting priorities and deadlines;
- Have composure, resilience and stress resistance, with high energy level;
- Have high level of accountability;
- Like to work in a dynamic, complex and international environment;
- Have the ability to work in virtual teams and cross-functional teams;
- Have high level of business acumen, you are able to understand the market and where your own function contributes,
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal #LI-OV1