Global Commodity Risk Manager
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
As part of the Global procurement team you will be responsible for the global commodities hedging strategy – with a focus on vegetable oils and fats, dairy products, energy, pulp and paper and petrochemicals.
You are a take charge person who is looking to roll up his/her sleeves on day one. You will drive results by optimizing hedging risk strategies and ensuring alignment globally. You thrive in entrepreneurial environments and have an “owner’s mentality”. You are able to interact and communicate effectively with senior stakeholders in Upfield.
You will report directly to Eric Swartberg, Director of commodities and risk management.
- Define and drive the global Upfield commodities risk management (CRM) strategy and ensure compliance of that strategy with Upfield’s risk management policy
- After acceptance of that strategy by Upfield’s risk committee, execute the agreed global hedging strategy by making optimal use of futures and paper markets
- Analyse and advise on global supply and demand of relevant commodities and external economic factors impacting these commodities.
- Run the weekly commodity risk meeting and report relevant market developments, risk positions and hedging strategies.
- Align and lead best practices with buying teams and risk management in front office – ensuring optimal pricing indices and conditions are chosen.
- Fulfil the role of global commodity pricing expert for senior management across the business
- Provide initial primary price inputs to Upfield’s financial planning forecasts
- Advise on new risk management opportunities across Upfields commodity portfolio and suggest new alternative commodity hedging strategies where relevant.
- Represent Upfield at relevant Industry Meetings and Events.
Skills and Experience Required
- 7-10 years of proven experience in commodity risk management and trading at a large corporate consumer business or commodity trading house preferably with a strong agricultural focus. Vegetable oils and fats trading experience is essential and an understanding of dairy, energy and petrochemicals and resins, would be an asset.
- Experience with futures hedging and derivative instruments and execution using these instruments is essential.
- Strong analytical skills and capability to clearly communicate market analysis and vision into an actionable strategy.
- Proven professional network in commodities markets.
- Proven experience leading and delivering innovation in risk management solutions
- Understanding basic hedge accounting and compliance rules (CFTC, EMIR, etc)
- Exemplify a high degree of personal integrity and interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Fluent in verbal and written communication in English
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Driven to succeed.
- Internal: Upfield Executive Risk management Team, Procurement Team, Supply Chain teams, Legal team, Finance business partners
- External: Suppliers: Commercial management and Top management (CEO’s) of Key Suppliers, Agents, professional organizations, industry networks, and others.
- Travel globally for Supplier meetings, Industry meetings, project meetings and team meetings. Travel intensity as per job requirements
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
At Upfield our purpose is clear …… Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, ad would like to join us, apply!
You can apply until the 8th of November. After the closing date our Recruiter will review your cv and if we see a fit we will set up a telephone interview first. Once we both agree to a fit we move to the first face to face interview.