Head of Sales Romania & Moldova
Head of Sales Romania & Moldova
Based in Bucharest
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that enjoy what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
Sales leader for Romania and Moldova. In partnership with appointed Distributors and supporting functions (Marketing, Customer Marketing, Finance) is responsible for business target delivery (Net Sales, Profit, Cash). Successfully builds and manages relationship with Distributors to develop and exploit growth opportunities by maximizing distribution and in-store availability as well as activation, and by identifying white space opportunities.
Your Main Responsibilities
Head of Sales takes ownership of Romania and Moldova results and is responsible for delivering sales and profit targets including, but not limited to:
- managing Distributor selection process
- driving Distributor engagement
- developing and implementing Sales and Marketing Strategies in retail channels
- defining annual and long-term plans and budget with Distributors including monthly performance management
- co-creating and executing Annual and Long-Term Plans with distributors
- reviewing business performance of distributors in Monthly Growth Meetings along agreed KPIs
- securing necessary investments to deliver business targets
- maximizing retail coverage and penetration
- optimizing portfolio, placement, pricing and promotion in collaboration with Distributors and supporting functions
- coordinating availability of accurate and up-to-date Demand Plans
- identifying and entering new channels
Head of Sales Romania & Moldova reports to Upfield General Manager Eastern Europe.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Significant experience (min. 10 years) in FMCG Sales management
- Experience in Key Account management, preferably in combination with Field Force management and Trade Marketing
- University degree
- Very strong track record of delivery in the previous roles – essential
- Business Strategy Formulation
- Project and budget management
- Experience in a cluster or regional environment and matrix organization
- Good communication and 'people skills'
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Resilience in the face of pressure and ability to adapt in fast pieced environment
- Ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines
- Driving licence
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
1st stage – 30 minutes phone call with Talent Advisor
2nd stage – 60 minutes interview with General Manager EE