OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU!
Operation Manager is an experienced professional with a natural leadership profile, a high degree of people orientation and a strong technical understanding of end to end FMCG manufacturing. The Operation Manager will lead the manufacturing department through major investment programs over the next years, extend the continuous improvement programs and settle the culture in the department for innovation following future innovations in the product range and technological changes.
The Operation Manager reports to the Factory Director and is part of the Factory Leadership Team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage the operations in the factory including the internal logistics
- Lead operational departments with a zero-loss mindset to meet agreed safety, quality, service and cost targets
- Clearly visible leadership on the shop floor (lead by example) and lead the operational teams with a continuous improvement mindset
- Lead, coach and develop direct reports and operational teams to achieve highly effective teams that deliver the operational goals and embedment the Way-of-Working to ensure delivering required results continually
- Lead actively to achieve and to continuously improve the safety standard in the production departments
- Lead actively to achieve and continuously improve the quality standard in production departments
- Lead actively the factories focus improvement agenda and roll out the autonomous maintenance program within operational departments
- Support/Lead operational innovations and technical projects to insure successful implementations
- Lead activity the collection of all production and process data and translate this in loss analyses to support factual the zero-loss concept
- Play a key role in within the European and Global Virtual Site Network to lead or support global/European strategic projects within the Factories
Key Skills Requirements
- Technical education and background (e.g. Engineering, Business or Food technologist)
- 7-10 years of experience in FMCG manufacturing environment preferably within the dairy foods industry
- Natural leader; leadership experience with larger operational and multi-disciplinary teams in similar positions
- Analytical mind with an Entrepreneurial can-do mindset and a high-level of personal accountability to deliver results
- Knowledge and experience in continuous improvement programs (Lean/TPM/WCM)
- Good organizational and excellent communication skills from the shop floor up to executive level with a good stakeholder management
- Must be able to work resilient, flexibly and with solid decision making capability even under challenging circumstances
- Fluent German and English language skills are mandatory
- Experience in change management would be beneficial
What we offer:
• Competitive remuneration and attractive benefit package
• Variety of development opportunities
• Occupational pension provision
• Health promotion
• Daily fresh fruits and vegetables / free hot and cold drinks
• Great atmosphere in best-in-business Professionals!
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal