People around the world are embracing plant-based foods for both health and ethical reasons. We are the authority in plant-based nutrition and the leading producer of plant-based spreads globally. Our vision for a “Better Plant-Based Future” drives positive change in people’s health, their daily lives and our planet’s sustainability. With our expertise in food and nutrition, we are leading in this new era focused on more natural ingredients, clean labelling and processes that deliver healthier products that are great tasting and have superior quality. Around the world, consumers know and love our products, including our iconic brands in the Netherlands – BECEL, BLUE BAND, CROMA and PHASE!
Who you Are & What you’ll Do
The Logistics specialist is responsible for all secondary, warehousing and pallets logistics operations across its geography, ensuring service to customers and cost as well as defining & implementing improvement projects.
Operation activities (¬60%):
- Solve and monitor any service issues and inform relevant Unilever teams if necessary
- Support factories and primary transport for any transport / warehouse issues, special shipments, # shipments > contract
- Supporting Customer Service for any transport or stock issues, special shipment, late notice requests related to customers
- Solve quality issues and prevent re-occurrence (incl. work with other functions ie R&D, Suppliers…etc)
- Capacity planning short and mid-term (working with Demand Planning, CS)
- Monitoring the aging of the stocks in the warehouse and help the business to sell out stocks before expires
Cost and Service monitoring and improvement activities (¬30%):
- Monitor, identify and implement improvement opportunities on Cost and Service (incl. coordination with procurement)
- Support the evaluation and selection of new 3PLs
- Validate and approve 3PL invoices for payment, monitor logistics cost development
- Operate the Returns/Refusals process, incl. customer claims
- Over-/Under-delivery management
System and other activities (¬10%):
- Coding On-Time/In-Full service losses
- Ensure the simplified intake process with EDI messages from factories are working
- Preparation for Stocktake (in line with Unilever Stock Count Guidelines) & execution
- Coordinate stock write-offs with 3PL and finance team (suspense account and stocktake results)
- Maintaining Logistics master-data (country and customer specific)
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 2-4 Years minimum experience in Supply Chain operations with a logistics experience
- University degree
- Supply Chain and/or Logistics experience in FMCG or other relevant industry (Retailer or 3PL environment)
At Upfield our purpose is clear …… Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet.
What We Offer You?
- We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
- An exciting role and a platform for further development and growth.
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, and would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
Interested in this role?
Apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly to provide you with an update on the status of your application.