Area Manager Barcelona
Multiple Locations in Spain: Barcelona; Mallorca; Madrid; Bilbao; A Coruña; Valencia; Sevilla; Málaga; Canarias.
Other similar locations can also be considered.
We are Upfield Professional, the professional division of Upfield. We are the global experts in plant butters, creams and oils. We believe in great tasting plant-based alternatives to everything Dairy. Upfield chefs develop ingredients, products and services that help Professionals: prepare delicious food which delight their customers, manage the complexity and budget constraints of modern catering – meeting the needs for consistency, efficiency, safety, and health – without compromising on taste. With more than 100 years of heritage and the most trusted brands in the industry, Upfield Professional is all about being good for the planet and doing good for the business of Professionals.
If you would like to join us, read on!
With the Spreads portfolio we see unexplored opportunities for added growth to our business, and we wish to unleash and grow the Upfield Professional.
For this purpose, we require experienced and engaged Area Managers who are ready for a new challenge within a highly compelling and dynamic environment!
Your Main Responsibilities:
- You will be an active driver of our growth plans within Upfield Professional, by searching and exploring opportunities for enhanced growth and penetration in your geographical area:
- You will be assigned a number of existing customers, distributors and chains, that you will manage in order to achieve your sales growth targets, while prospecting new customers to guarantee sustainable growth;
- You will meet and understand your final customer, understanding their needs, in order to grow your sales by satisfying their needs;
- You will work closely with the Upfield Professional team to understand the potential within the portfolio and customer landscape to execute your Customer Plans;
- Develop and deliver Customer Plans in line with business objectives through resource prioritization, contribution with quality input into medium forecast, and development of any necessary contingency plans, with existing and new partners, in the drive for added growth;
- Building business partnerships with internal customers: category/brand team as well as customer marketing, customer development, finance and supply chain.
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
This is a great job for you, if YOU:
- Hold a University degree in a relevant field;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role with exposure across Customer Management or Customer Marketing;
- Project and budget management experience;
- Modern trade experience – preferably customer or shopper side;
- Have strong IT skills, particularly in MS Office.
Your Personal Power!
- Are extremely oriented to results: happy, but never fully satisfied;
- Have a strong business acumen;
- Are facts and data driven, yet customer oriented;
- Are a challenger and likes a good challenge;
- Are a team player, acting as a partner and a facilitator (both internally and externally);
- Strive in a competitive and ever-changing environment;
- Have composure, resilience and tenacy, are stress resistance and have high energy level;
- Have high level of accountability and you are capable of working independently.
- Have a willingness to perform in a role that covers a broad spectrum of responsibilities – both hands on and strategic.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the CPG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!