Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the quality and legal compliance of Upfield’s products, ensuring the implementation of relevant processes and procedures, while being a true leader on the development of a quality mindset across the whole organization.
- Ensures the conformity of the Laboratory’s working procedures and analytical methods against Upfield’s highest standards and other relevant requirements;
- Drives the implementation of TPM (Q Pillar), CRQS and leads relevant SU’s certifications;
- Coordinates the Food Safety and HACCP Teams;
- Ensures a close collaboration between the Quality Assurance and the Production teams in order to meet or exceed the required quality standards;
- Coordinates the control of raw materials, chemicals, ingredients, packaging materials and finished products, in accordance with Upfield requirements and GMPs, as well as other legal requirements;
- Studies, proposes and implements new analytical control methods and technology, ensuring continuous improvement of Quality methods;
- Manages the market and consumer complaints;
- Keeps track of legal or market changes that can affect the factory objectives and quality compliance;
- Ensures internal or external audits on Quality & Food Safety (to Suppliers, Copackers and other Supply Chain operators).
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
This is a great job for you, if YOU:
- Have an Academic background in Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry or equivalent;
- Have very good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Have at least 5-7 years of relevant working experience in Quality Assurance, preferably in FMCG / Foods industry;
- Have solid knowledge of Quality systems and processes and procedures (HACCP, Food Safety, Microbiology, Integrated Management Systems, etc.);
- Are fluent in English and Portuguese.
Your Personal Power!
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have an analytical mind, with high attention to details and accuracy;
- Are capable to work independently in an ever changing, fast moving environment;
- Can spot and solve needs and problems proactively;
- Are not easily stressed by managing different, often conflicting priorities and deadlines;
- Have composure, resilience and stress resistance, with high energy level;
- Have high level of accountability;
- Like to work in a dynamic, complex, international and ever-changing environment.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
Upfield is a multi-billion, global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Becel, ProActiv, Vaqueiro, Planta and Tulicreme.
We are a global food company operating in 95 markets.
We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving, at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
Interested in this role?
Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly to provide you with an update on the status of your application.