Engineer Project Delivery
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU!
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 27 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
As a member from the Global Engineering team to support the E2E delivery of multiple capital projects across various Upfield sourcing sites in a sustainable, standardized cost-conscious manner to drive value for the business.
As a member of a project team, the role will be responsible to collaborate with other functions from an engineering perspective on the Concept Development, Feasibility Check, Front End Engineering Design and Detail Engineering Designs, Installation and Commissioning of the plant.
UEPD will be responsible to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and with a strong focus on construction safety, quality, and Engineering standards.
- Work independently to deliver an agreed portfolio of projects under the leadership of the Lead Engineer for the region.
- Ensure professional project execution at Factories and Sites with strong stakeholder engagement
- Support project teams in assessing the feasibility and technical viability of capex projects working with cross functional teams and contractors where applicable to define the brief, understand work scope, costs requirements, alternatives and defining viable timelines.
- To Develop Concept, building business cases FEED and Detailed Designs to meet the business need, bearing in mind local requirements and constraints and the need to standardize equipment across the Upfield network.
- Develop Project Execution Plan and schedule as input to the FEED report.
- Execute the project ensuring strict adherence to schedule and budget.
- Manage on-site construction and installations by contractors whilst ensuring compliance with Upfield Construction and Quality Standards.
- To ensure technical commissioning and compliance with FAT and SAT performance criteria’s
- Technical training and hand over to the factory technicians
Skills and Experience Required
- 5 years of experience in Experience of Project Engineering in FMCG / related Industry or Project Management experience
- Experience in ingredients buying and Commodity risk management experience is a plus, as well as Knowledge and/or Certifications:
- Engineering Design Process Management (Working Knowledge)
- Project Delivery (All sub skills - Fully Operational)
- Budget Management (Fully Operational)
- Good Plant Design and Project Engineering experience in FMCG co and relevant Engineering firms
- Working knowledge on International Engineering Standards
- Proficiency in MS Office – Excel / Power Point and Word
- Participation in safety reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA, SIL etc.
- Participation in 3D model reviews.
- Working knowledge on Engineering software – AutoCAD or equivalent and Agile Knowledge on unit operations like, distillation, filtration, heat transfer etc. Design of heat exchangers, pumps specifications, hydraulics calculations.
- Knowledge on utilities system such as cooling water system, Boilers, Compressed Air and Instrument Air system, Nitrogen system etc.
- Knowledge on tankages, heat exchanger thermal design using HTRI, HTFS etc.
- Revamp project experience
- Pre-commissioning / commissioning, start-up experience
- Maintenance Principles and Best practice (Working Knowledge)
- Contract Management & Conflict Resolution (Fully Operational)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver projects to a high engineering standard
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.