Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for all secondary, warehousing and pallets logistics operations, ensuring service to customers, overseeing costs as well as defining and implementing improvement projects.
Operation activities (60%)
- Solve and monitor any service issues and inform relevant Unilever & Upfield teams if necessary
- Support factories and primary transport for any transport / warehouse issues, special shipments, shipments, contracts etc
- Supporting Customer Service for any transport or stock issues, special shipment, late notice requests related to customers
- Solve quality issues and prevent re-occurrence (incl. work with other functions i.e. R&D, Suppliers…etc)
- Capacity planning short and mid-term (working with Demand Planning, CS)
- Monitoring the aging of the stocks in the warehouse and help the business to sell out stocks before expiry
Cost and Service monitoring and improvement activities (30%)
- Monitor, identify and implement improvement opportunities on Cost and Service (incl. coordination with procurement)
- Project management
- Support/drive the evaluation and selection of new 3PLs
- Validate and approve 3PL invoices for payment, monitor logistics cost development
- Operate the Returns/Refusals process, incl. customer claims
- Over-/Under-delivery management
System and other activities (10%)
- Coding On-Time/In-Full-service losses
- Preparation for stock take (in line with Unilever Stock Count Guidelines) & execution
- Coordinate stock write-offs with 3PL and finance team (suspense account and stock take results)
- Ensure maintenance of Logistics master-data (country and customer specific
Skills and experience
- University degree; preferably in supply chain or logistics
- Supply Chain experience for min 3 years, preferred in FMCG
- Retailer or 3PL environment
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Partners!