Site Maintenance Manager
Main Job Purpose:
The Maintenance Manager will manage and control the maintenance function in the plant and be responsible for all equipment and technical issues. Management of the maintenance area includes resolving labor issues with the Maintenance employees; equipment breakdown repair, preventative and predictive maintenance; management and control of all maintenance costs, spare parts, stockroom organization and inventory. Additionally, the position will be the plant expert for technical regulatory procedures and requirements at local, state or federal levels including PSM. The function objective is to act as a support function to Production to minimize line downtime, assist with process and operation, and improve overall operational efficiency (OEE). This position is also responsible for the development, implementation and commissioning of capital projects on the site that are below the threshold to be managed by Engineering such as infrastructure or like for like replacement. This will include all areas and all disciplines for project engineering including contractor management on time and on budget.
- Oversees maintenance of processing and packaging equipment to include utilities and automation.
- Oversees activities of maintenance, maintenance planning department, and storeroom.
- Collaborates with Production Manager to schedule preventative maintenance activities.
- Responsible for building world-class mechanical and preventative maintenance teams that will keep production equipment in excellent condition, keep lines running high efficiencies and maintain proper stock of parts.
- Oversees outside contractors performing installations and projects at the facility.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Hires, trains, coaches and reviews performance of employees. Works with HR for employee discipline issues, terminations and recruitment.
- Oversees safety team activities. Monitors and enforces safety requirements.
- Builds a positive work environment.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and maintenance records.
- Develops capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost and cycle times.
- Estimates, requisitions and inspects materials.
- Builds knowledge of product quality and food safety procedures. Acts as a contributing member of the site Food Safety Team and have full understanding of the site HACCP plan.
- Assist and oversees department budget
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
- Performs work without direct supervision
- Handles technical and organizational issues and problems
- Possesses experienced knowledge of subject matter
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills to communicate effectively with immediate team and peers
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in collaborative group environments
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and SAP CMMS
- Lead Like an Owner
- Manages a safe working environment, accurately documents safety related training, and effectively communicates safety incidents
- Provides strategic input and oversight to departmental projects
- Makes data driven decisions and develops sustainable solutions
- Skilled in reducing costs and managing timelines while prioritizing long run impact over short term wins
- Makes decisions by putting overall company success first before department/individual success
- Leads/facilitates discussions to get positive outcomes for the customer
- Makes strategic decisions which prioritize the needs of the customer over departmental/individual goals
- Continuously evaluates existing programs and processes, and develops new initiatives to increase efficiency and reduce waste
- Creates, monitors, and responds to departmental performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Communicates a clear vision, organizes resources effectively, and adjusts the strategy as needed when managing change
- Find a Way
- Demonstrates ability to think analytically and synthesize complex information
- Effectively delegates technical tasks to subordinates
- Works effectively with departments, vendors, and customers to achieve organizational success
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration in strategic ways
- Empowered to be Great
- Makes hiring decisions primarily based on culture fit and attitude, and secondarily based on technical expertise
- Engages in long term talent planning
- Provides opportunities for the development of all direct reports
- Understands, identifies, and addresses conflict within own team and between teams
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related fields
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 5 Years experience in the field or similar manufacturing environment
- 5 Years experience managing people/projects
- Experience in TPM/WCM
- High level of technical troubleshooting ability in all equipment areas including automation
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) a plus
Upfield is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.