Location: Colombo – Sri Lanka
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 27 market units. We have the mind-set of a start-up, this makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
Reporting to the Country Finance Controller, you will be playing a key role within the local finance organization to implement key initiatives and strategically drive the company to achieve its long-term goals. This is a good opportunity to progress your career in the FMCG industry within an international Corporation. The incumbent can look forward to working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with plenty of opportunities for interaction with highly qualified and motivated colleagues within integrated, cross-functional teams.
Main Responsibilities –
Reporting & Analytics
- Responsible for the completion of month and quarter end activities and to manage the preparation of financial reports
- Responsible for timely, complete and accurate financial reporting, not limited to management reports, budget, financial projections and balance sheet reconciliation
- Drive robust monthly financial forecasting cycles drive business performance
- Prepare analysis of financial and operational performance including trends and variances
- Cost analysis & reporting of overheads, trade and advertising (A&P) budgets etc
- Identify and drive accounting and finance process efficiencies and improvements
- Provide analytical support to channels and brands to drive business results and achieving financial targets
- Working Capital forecasting, reporting and commentary
Compliance, Controls & Governance
- Provide information to regulatory authorities, external auditors for annual audit etc
- Liaise with tax consultants/accountants for tax filing etc
- Conduct verification to ensure compliance in terms of controls – Global Financial Controls Framework (GFCF), Control Health Indicators (CHI)
- Purchase to Pay (P2P) Operating Center (OC) Governance and continuous improvement on P2P processes and controls
- Drive P2P Metrics – POT (Payment on time), POC (PO Compliance) and working with/ supporting OC to improve metrics
- Work with shared service and other internal functions to ensure that customer claims are placed in a timely manner and support the resolution of deductions on customer accounts
- Support first line investigation and resolution of invoicing issues
- Prepare and review customer wise incentive schemes
- Providing sound analytics of business case with a view for better decision making
- Preparing for executive business reviews, and strategic planning cycles
- Presenting results of analyses directly to senior associates through the creation and delivery of compelling and insightful presentations
- Support related business partnering to the other functions