Team Leader Costco/ National Channel
We are Upfield, a global expert in plant-based butters, creams and spreads. We believe in great tasting plant-based alternatives to everything dairy. Upfield with more than 100 brands, including Becel, Flora, Country Crock, Blue Band, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, Rama and ProActiv, operates in 95 countries around the world, with number one brand positions in 49 countries. Upfield’s 6 business units cover Northwest Europe, Southwest Europe and Central and Eastern Europe, North America, Middle/Latin America and Asia/Africa. The company employs more than 3,500 Associates worldwide.tc
The Team Leader – Costco & Natural Channel is responsible for the development and delivery of growth and profit targets for both the Costco & Natural channels.
At Costco this role will include responsibility for headquarter management in Issaquah, International/ Export, 9 regional divisions, and broker management. Upfield is in growth mode at Costco and has distribution opportunities on both core items Country Crock & I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter as well as launching exciting new innovation with Country Crock Plant Butter.
Within the Natural channel this is a business development role as we work to launch Flora a global brand that stands for natural goodness and delivers on great tasting, 100% Plant Based, Non-GMO, and sustainability. The role will manage headquarter, distributor, and broker relationships.
Candidate must possess ability to network and build great relationships, both internally and externally. In addition having a deep understanding of the customer’s needs and providing effective communication of these needs within the internal organization is critical. Prior experience with both Costco & Natural Channel is desired but will consider candidates with a strong background in one of the two channels. Position reports into the VP of Sales, Upfield West.
The role is a home-office based role with a geographical territory consisting of the entire US.
Responsibilities will include:
- Achieve profit, volume, distribution and other key metrics as assigned by leadership
- New Business Development that includes both developing and selling channel strategy
- Development and implementation of sales plans for both new and existing business
- Build value-enhancing relationships with key customers including Costco regions / headquarter, Natural Chains ( ie. Whole Foods), & Natural distributors.
- Negotiation of contractual terms to ensure maximum ROI for Upfield
- Research and development of a target list of potential accounts within natural channel designed to drive new business
- Management of broker network across both Costco & Natural channels
- Sharing of best practice across cross functional teams, with specific focus on the activation of these practices
- Penetration of Upfield’s brands across all Costco divisions and Natural channel with a goal of capturing Upfield’s fair share of the butter and spreads category ( 16%)…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record in selling with progressive influence on ROI
- Extensive knowledge (7-10 years) of the Natural And / Or Costco channels including managing brokers with track record of delivery
- Strong negotiation skills and an established network of contacts within Natural And / Or Costco
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Good influencing, interpersonal, and communication skills including verbal, written and presentation
- Understanding of P&L, financial projections, and financial metrics
- Customer-focused attitude
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into a tactical plan
- Exceptional team leadership skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Travel 50%+ to include customer visits, team meetings, and trade shows
At Upfield our purpose is clear …… making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!