Go to Market Supply Chain Director
We are Upfield, a global expert in plant-based butters, creams and spreads. We believe in great tasting plant-based alternatives to everything dairy. Upfield with more than 100 brands, including Becel, Flora, Country Crock, Blue Band, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, Rama and ProActiv, operates in 95 countries around the world, with number 1 brand positions in 49 countries. Upfield’s six business units cover Northwest Europe, Southwest Europe and Central and Eastern Europe, North America, Middle/Latin America and Asia/Africa. The company employs more than 3,500 Associates worldwide.
In this leadership role, the Director of GTM Supply Chain will strategize and lead the new brands’ operational introduction to market, brand relaunch & new SKUs’ launch ensuring all supply chain pillars are executed with excellence. In addition, this person will lead all operational aspects of Logistics (transportation/warehousing), while partnering with our field sales in leading our Customer Service group. Driving the S&OP process with the cross-functional teams, focusing on delivering the best service for our customers and developing a best in class operating unit.
The Director, GTM SC is a leader responsible for, both, a smooth and speedy launch as well as adequate inventory depletion planning in the organization, enabling the company to accomplish its financial and operational goals, while minimizing cost out of the supply chain. In summary, this is a key leadership role, responsible for the single largest market at Upfield, responsible for Planning, Innovations, Logistics and Customer Service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, both, launch & depletion strategies through a series of what-if analysis building on the financial considerations for the brand launch.
- Drive the operational cadence of various businesses and functions to drive the definition, measurement and tracking of key strategic and operational initiatives.
- Responsible for all launch operational aspects including inventory transition planning, inventory budgeting, Master Data set up and more.
- Work in conjunction with the integrated planning & strategic sourcing supply chain teams to develop an end-to-end supply base for all launches to allow a compatible supply chain strategy for different categories.
- Build and nourish external key partners to support inventory depletion as needed.
- Lead all logistics and warehousing activities that will optimize the network and improve cost.
- Partner with Brand & Sales teams to develop & execute inventory depletion strategies in the market.
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing to co-develop JIT manufacturing strategies targeting an efficient and speedy market launches.
Lead strategic Customer initiatives partnering with key Customers on new Product Launches
Drive & Lead E2E execution.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership & inspirational skills.
- Proven team building experience with ability to attract, develop and retain a high performing/scalable team, creating a world-class operations organization.
- Stellar track record of achieving high business impact via process, organizational improvements, and infrastructure change in lean, fast-paced environments.
- In-depth knowledge of brand launches and operational excellence, speed to market, scenario analysis and inventory optimization across multiple business models.
- Proven background in stage gate process management, preferably in a CPG environment.
- Ability to work effectively across a matrix organization, facilitate cross-functional teams and influence change.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Well-rounded experience in all facets of Operations, including planning, purchasing, production, sourcing and supply chain, inventory management and logistics.
- Proven ability to frame a strategy, then drive and support hands-on execution.
- Results-driven leader, prioritizing and setting expectations with transparency.
- Strong communicator that balances actively listening with a strong, persuasive and clearly articulated point of view that drives teams forward in a clear and aligned direction.
- Innate systems thinker that collaborates across the organization to facilitate business process innovation and continuous improvement.
- 12+ years progressively increasing responsibility in supply chain management with at least 7 years of management experience, specifically in project launches and preferably leading stage gate processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline; Masters in Operations or Supply Chain preferred.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written, with proven collaborative and leadership skills with focus on resolution while maintaining relationships.
At Upfield our purpose is clear …… making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!