Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 27 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
In this role, you are the Head of Quality Assurance of our Helsingborg factory and part of the local management team. You are the one who ensures that all changes in the factory that are managed are risk assessed on food safety and mitigation action plans are in place
This includes the quality chain from factory, customer to consumer for the entire Nordics region. You will be the touchstone of Upfields standards, providing technical support to marketing and sales teams for market quality issues. For the ones who use our products you need to step in to make sure the quality is constant and satisfy the expectations.
You are based in the sourcing unit in Sweden.
• You are responsible to assure compliance of quality and food safety standards in the factory by making sure the right processes, procedures, training, tools and measures are in place
• Responsible for creation and maintenance of core food safety and quality processes including withdrawal from sale process, internal audit, GMP standards, new product launch process and testing programme
• Ensure that the quality management system is up to date, accessible and integrated into training, work instructions and management of change process
• Develop and drive quality and food safety improvement plans in the factory
• Ensure compliance to audit standards and internal corporate quality and food safety standards
• Leader of HACCP team
• Responsible for the quality control
• Member of the local management team and global quality team
• Is a role model and provides proactive leadership in changes and actions that lead to improvement of the quality and safety culture within the plant
• In addition, you are also responsible for Quality in the customer facing operations, implementing, executing, improving, ensuring compliance to Upfield standards and regulatory standards, and providing technical quality support to customers, local marketing and sales teams for in market quality issues, consumer care line support (complaint reporting and analysis), on-shelf assessments/improvements and incident/issue management.
• Master degree in industrial or technical and process, biology, chemical or similar area.
• 5-10 years’ experience in quality roles in a food production environment
• Experience in dairy production environment is a pre
• Solid understanding GMP and allergen management
• Understanding process and product quality standard
• Understanding standard quality management systems
• Good communication skills, with people from different levels and disciplines in the organization
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU!