Senior Buyer Procurement Capex Projects
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet!
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
About the role
Upfield’s procurement department is in a challenging phase, since we are independent from Unilever and have the opportunity to craft and run procurement 2.0 with a clear scope! In this role you are in the driving seat for the Project Procurement Strategies and securing that all CAPEX procurement deliverables and activities are delivered on time within budget. Needless to say that you need to be well informed and well aligned with the main stakeholders of projects to ensure that the final solutions balance all requirements in a good way. Key to a successful execution of the job is proven experience in medium to large size industrial procurement projects in an international environment.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Ensure strategic sourcing of Capex related goods and services within the defined scope
- Support in delivering Value Creation Programs across the global network of suppliers
- Strategically source and negotiate projects and lead the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Develop and maintain working relationships with both internal and external business stakeholders
- Deliver on key financial targets such as gross margin improvement through savings and cash flow improvement by applying (e.g.) smart buying tools
- Optimize the current Capex network and consolidate if needed
- Execute sustainability agenda
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor/master degree
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Capex procurement
- Ability to analyze sourcing data and conceptualize sourcing strategies
- Negotiation, influencing, and stakeholder management skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
- Experience in large-scale change management projects is a plus
- Exemplify a high degree of personal integrity
- Enjoy working in a virtual and multicultural working environment
Reporting Channel, Contacts and Travel
- Capex buyer reports into the Global Procurement Manager Capex & MRO
- Internal: Procurement Global and Cluster teams, Manufacturing teams, R&D team, Legal, Finance business partners
- External: Suppliers: Commercial management and Top management (CEO’s) of Key Suppliers, Agents, professional organization, industry bodies, advisors and benchmarking organizations and others.
- Travel intensity as per job requirements
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers. If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the CPG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
Are you ready to join us? Then hit the apply button now! Part of the process will be a 30 minute telephone interview. You have until 25th September to apply. First interviews will be held coming week!