Performance Manager, Factory
New Century, KS - June 2020
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter!, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
As part of Manufacturing at our New Century facility, you’ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Drive and lead Continuous Improvement (CI) projects and initiatives to create a living culture that challenges the status quo and the behaviors of all plant employees in order to deliver conversion cost targets and support delivery of other functional goals (e.g., safety, quality, service, etc.).
Support and develop the Operational Excellence 2.0 system:
- Support the business to improve existing processes and to create new ones to become most effective and efficient.
- Standardize work, simplify work practices and processes and assure work is designed and structured to promote learning and transfer of knowledge.
- Deliver successful productivity/cost saving/revenue & cash generating projects.
- Support identification and chartering of new projects.
- Develop and employ necessary processes / systems to improve and sustain plant performance.
- Ensure the sharing of best practices & lessons learned (internal / external).
- Drive the organization to the usage of common tools and methods to come to quicker, more transparent, data-based business decisions.
- Enable Results Delivery through:
- Assuring daily direction setting standards are in place
- Losses known (where-where, why-why) and prioritized
- Active problem solving
- Creation of standards
- Work process
- Visual results tracking
- Build Capability through:
- Clarity of roles/responsibilities, ownership areas
- CI teaching
- Problem solving
- Standard Work
- Establish and assess Daily Management Systems – example centerlines, clean-inspect-lube, changeovers
- Build Culture through:
- Coordinate Leadership and HR culture activities
- Connect activities to Plant Compelling Business Need
- Celebrate and Recognize Excellence
- Manage projects and implement sustainable solutions.
- Deliver successful Kaizen projects, typically across functions requiring advanced tools & techniques.
- Lead and coach plant teams with timely and successful project execution and implementation of pragmatic, sustainable and accepted solutions.
- Timely communicate and report project progress, results and deviations from the project plan and associated risks to all relevant people within area of responsibility. Recognize and reward successes and celebrate accomplishments.
- Drive behavioral change across the plant to build a winning continuous improvement culture including support functions, through coaching and influencing employees.
Train and coach team members on the use of CI tools; particularly basic and advanced problem solving.
- Drive awareness through the Plant by delivering awareness trainings and campaigns.
- Drive cultural transformation towards 100% engagement and awareness of Key Performance Indicators (i.e. GE, Productivity, etc.).
- Collaborate with Organization Pillar to develop a sustainable plant CI culture.
- Own the preparation, execution and follow-up of the Plant CI Roadmap and support other functions with timely execution.
- Support achievement of the plant conversion cost targets and identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Actively participate/lead in various Pillars and performance governance meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of Manufacturing experience.
- TPM Training or Lean Manufacturing training (or similar).
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!