Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
As Head of Finance for Upfield Nordics you will be a key member of the Nordics & Baltics leadership team, leading a Finance team of +5 people and driving the business growth and transformation agenda, whilst ensuring a robust and embedded control environment is in-place.
Controls, Accounting & Governance
- Develop, implement and monitor strong internal control environment across all business end-to-end processes
- Safeguard adherence to all company policies and processes
- Active risk management with a focus on driving key actions
- Maintain integrity of the Balance Sheet, ensuring clear management ownership and regular management reviews
- Manage record to Report (including month-end and year-end close), Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash processes, including Credit management, pricing and claims management
- Local tax compliance and reporting, in conjunction with local advisers
- Lead statutory reporting process, in conjunction with local advisers
- Lead statutory audit process and reporting, managing relationship with external auditors
- Support Internal Audit team and drive full implementation of any recommendations
- Manage local statutory insurance programmes
- Review and approve monthly payroll and non-payroll employee tax requirements, in conjunction with local HR team
Performance Management and Driving Sustainable Profitable Growth
- Ownership of full P&L and responsible for steering delivery of Net Sales and Operating Profit (EBIT)
- Provide analytics and insights to drive business performance and inform pricing, investment and innovation decisions
- Drive robust cost and investment control/budget management and embed Return on Investment approach (NRM, Marketing ROI)
- Liaise with Supply Chain Finance to understand cost trends and capital investment requirements
- Steer monthly/quarterly forecasting cycle to produce robust forecast and clear decisions/actions/trade-offs
- Develop long-term financial plan aligned to strategic objectives and priorities
- Oversee cash forecasting process and steering delivery of cash conversion and working capital
- Drive visibility and understanding of cash drivers and required actions across Nordics business
Change Management & Separation
- Ensure effective local implementation of Transition Service Agreements (TSAs) in conjunction with Unilever management
- Provide Finance leadership to significant TSA exits. Define and implement Finance processes and ways of workings post-exit
- Provide Finance leadership to systems separation from Unilever and effective and smooth Upfield Nordics implementation
Team Leadership & Development
- Manage, lead and develop team of 5Finance Managers/Analysts. Provide direction, support and coaching to develop individual and team capabilities to effectively support business in delivery of growth and transformation strategy, whilst maintaining a robust and embedded controls environment
Skills and Capabilities Required
- Professional Accounting qualification and solid Financial reporting and controls skill-set
- Commercial business partnering experience with proven ability to deliver results
- Experience of direct line management
- Proven ability to work in a multi-functional organisation with varied stakeholders (seniority, functional mix)
- Strong leadership, strategic influencing and communication skills
- Delivery-focused with a high degree of ownership and a positive, growth mindset
- Collaborative and team-orientated mindset
- Resilience and ability to manage and navigate through change and uncertainty
- Insurgent mindset and passion to identify and deliver profitable, growth opportunities