Maintenance Supervisor - 3rd shift
Main Job Purpose:
The Maintenance Supervisor will manage and control the maintenance function in the plant and be responsible for all associated technical issues. The Maintenance Supervisor will provide supervision of the maintenance area including all labor issues, equipment breakdown repair, preventative maintenance and associated systems, management and control of all maintenance costs, management of parts, stockroom organization and inventory control, implementation and maintenance of a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). The objective is to act as a support function to production to minimize line downtime, assist with process and operation, and improve operational efficiency.
Can operate on days, off shifts and weekends as factory requirements demand.
- Supervise the Maintenance function and ensure that maintenance assignments are carried out in an efficient and safe manner. Troubleshoot plant and equipment. Supervise maintenance staff directly.
- Set up, maintain and be responsible for PM systems, inspection routines, inventory control, job scheduling, staff training, identification of plant improvement plans including efficiency and yield.
- Control Maintenance expenditure in a cost-effective way according to the site budget for plant repairs, resources, direct labor, overtime and contractors.
- Organize and control spare parts inventory.
- Organize and plan maintenance work assignments appropriately and at the appropriate time.
- Champion World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and Safety objectives. Strive for zero incidents and ensure a people centered safety culture exits within the department.
- Comply with all company and plant rules.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree, in relevant Engineering field, mechanical or chemical engineering degree preferred from an accredited institution.
- Supervisory experience, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years, in a manufacturing environment
- Practical experience, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years, in maintenance systems in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to motivate and drive improvement in a union environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence others.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to build collaborative relationships and networks with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within timelines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict while creating an inclusive work environment.
Upfield is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.