Director Supply Chain Finance
Director– Supply Chain Finance
Netherlands- Amsterdam or Rotterdam
With its origins in the Margarine Unie business formed in 1871, which subsequently merged with Lever Brothers in 1929, the Spreads business now known as Upfield grew under Unilever’s ownership to incorporate such brands as Flora, Rama, Becel and Blue Band amongst others. In its last full year as part of Unilever, the business reported total sales of c€3bn and EBITDA of €680m, and represented c7% of Unilever’s overall business.
Following the unsuccessful takeover bid of Unilever by Kraft Heinz in early 2017, the Spreads division was put up for sale as part of a broad strategy to enhance shareholder returns. The process precipitated a very competitive bidding process with significant interest from many buyout firms, with Unilever ultimately accepting an offer from KKR in December 2017 which valued the business at €6.8bn.
The deal closed in mid-2018 and the business now operates as a standalone entity, formally headquartered in Amsterdam but with a significant hub in London and operations in 95 countries.
Currently we are looking for a strong Director Supply Chain Finance
- Key member of Operations Leadership Team.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term objectives for supply chain and follow up the operations agenda with a team of over 50 people.
- Drive and monitor the Implementation of one of the key strategic priorities for the company: €250m saving programme across all supply chain
- Financial management and accountability of 17 factories and support cost reduction plan to increase operational efficiencies.
- Working for the re-design of manufacturing and logistics network across the world
- Give finance support for portfolio and materials simplification agenda.
- Running finance component of commodity risk management function, including hedging, accounting, FX implications and costing.
- Control materials and business waste.
- Managing inventory, creditors and capex.
- Design and implement supply chain finance processes and create a new organization.
- Support new ERP design and implementation.
Key Activities performed by the Team
- Performance management of factories with guiding and challenging the delivery of the business plan and value creation actions
- Partnering supply chain teams and providing decision support for the applicable topics
- Supporting capital investments or other ad hoc business proposals as needed.
- Leading for the logistics cost performance management agenda as a finance business partner and driving cost reduction agenda through; reporting and forecasting, cost controlling
- Controlling Business Waste performance delivery and establishing controls for managing business waste
- Managing Supply Chain Overheads through budgeting, controlling, reporting
- Business partnering for material cost reduction
- Participate the decision of covering commodity risk
Aside from a strong cultural fit with the wider teams at both Upfield and KKR, the successful candidate will also be expected to display the following personal characteristics:
- Positive and energetic, with a highly collaborative, team-oriented ethos that fits with a high calibre and fast-paced culture
- High levels of emotional intelligence and a disarming personality - approachable, with an ability to communicate and influence cross-functionally at all levels (both internally and, especially, externally)
- Low ego, self-aware and non-political leadership style; willing to give and receive feedback with evidence of strong empathy and intellectual curiosity
- Able to recognise, value and utilise the strengths of those around them
- Excellent negotiation, persuasion, influencing and communication skills; able to simplify complex technical or business issues
- Comfortable dealing intimately with detail, whilst maintaining perspective of overarching, high level strategies
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, with demonstrable intellectual horsepower
- A pragmatic yet emotionally intelligent leadership style that coaches, mentors and develops strong teams; coalescing a broad range of characters within and across functions
- Exceptional stakeholder management, both internally and externally
- Integrity, honesty, and a value set beyond reproach
- Driven, competitive and perpetually motivated to add value
- Enthused by a changing environment with an active business transformation agenda
- Prepared to challenge the status quo in a constructive, commercial and insightful manner
- Resilience; prepared to tackle problems head on and persist despite difficulties or setbacks
- Committed to personal growth and development, actively seeking feedback from senior stakeholders
Chief Financial Officer
Deputy Chief Financial Officer
Chief Operations Officer
Chief Procurement Officer
Supply Chain Heads of Europe, Americas and AMEA
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Proven work experience as a senior finance leader; Head of Finance, Finance Director or similar role
- Experience in Supply Chain Operations, preferably in FMCG
- Leadership abilities with ability to work under pressure
- Experience of working in cross functional teams within a matrix environment desirable
- Managing teams remotely who are based in different locations
- Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, good team player, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines
- Experience in finance transformation projects
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning and would like to join us, apply online