Import & Export Coordinator
Import & Export Coordinator
Location : Atasehir/ Istanbul
Reports to: Supply Chain Lead
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
You will be responsible for executing all daily operational import and export activities including;
- Providing all necessary documents for import & export operations while ensuring acccuracy.
- Coordinating shipments from factories and resolving problems impacting shipments
- Maintaining regular communication with customs broker to ensure compliance to all customs law and regulations
- Performing daily import and export processes in line with warehouse requirements
- Preparing the necessary reports and analyses to track Supply Chain KPI’s
- Participating in the continuous improvement of current systems and processes, implementing projects accordingly
- Coordinating cash flow for import payments with Accounting Department
- Coordinating all the International Trade processes, ensuring adherence to regulations.
- Tracking local legislation changes on foreign trade and updating relevant parties on time.
- Negotiating rates & service contracts with logistics, operations & warehouse service providers.
- Negotiating with the customers in case of problems like shortage of goods, delayed shipment, customs clearance or disagreement and be the link between product planning, customers and the factory.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- University degree in Foreign Trade, Transportation, Logistics, Engineering or Business Management preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in import/export operations preferably in a multi-national company
- Project management experience and a good understanding of the Value chain
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good English skills both written and spoken
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and SAP
- Analytic and result oriented, strategic point of view
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external contacts