Marketing Lead - Upfield Professional (native dutch speaker))
Are you ready to rumble within Foodservice? Want to make an impact where it matters? We are looking for a Marketing Lead professional to build a better plant-based future together.
The Marketing Lead Foodservice NL is responsible for setting the category and product strategy, pricing and innovation to deliver the near and long-term Foodservice and Company profit objectives for the Dutch market. A high degree of collaboration with Global Marketing, Sales and Operations is required to prioritize and align activities for the greatest return on investment. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This position is based in our Head Office in Rotterdam.
Principal Accountabilities and Activities
1. Strategic Planning:
- Collaborate with our Global marketing team and Sales to develop annual and long-term Foodservice Business Plans.
- Direct the development and execution of comprehensive, measurable marketing plans to meet the strategies and measures of the Foodservice business.
- Develop and implement creative marketing campaigns, promotions, and programs to build and strengthen our relation with Wholesalers and Trade, to increase engagement, market penetration and meet corporate objectives.
- Collaborate with our Global Team, external resources and your local Digital Marketeer to develop and execute a “digital first” strategy across foodservice aligned to customer (operator and distributor) capabilities and preferences.
- Direct the efforts of contract marketing-related agencies toward the development, design and production of relevant and impactful interactive print/digital/social media campaigns directed toward growth in top line sales and profitability.
- Develop a forward-thinking Innovation Roadmap around relevant new category, new product, line extension and/or application innovation and renovation that solves customer tensions and delivers Foodservice financial and volume growth objectives.
- Financial Imperatives:
- Achieve annual Foodservice budget objectives for net income and net margin—within defined spending parameters.
- Develop and implement Foodservice operator pricing strategy to optimize volume and revenue and maximize net margin while supporting customer and product priorities.
- Recommend strategic priorities and manage the overall marketing budget to deliver plan
3. Tactical Execution:
- Implement relentless day-to-day actions and initiatives that have a defining impact on delivering the Foodservice Business Plan.
- Assess market position by identifying and responding to product/market needs and changes necessary to meet marketing objectives consistent with Foodservice strategies.
- Develop plans to increase market penetration based on market research and customer insights.
- Collaborate with and effectively leverage shared resources in social, digital and e-comm to maximize effectiveness in all marketing related activities from perfect e-store at Wholesale to brand activation on our owned and earned platforms.
- Define customer value propositions by channels for each product category.
- Design and deliver Sales resources as needed to achieve over-arching Foodservice division goals and objectives.
- Ensure effective delivery of marketing results and when necessary initiate corrective action to ensure achievement of marketing objectives within designated budgets.
- Set annual plans for national tradeshow engagement (Horecava, Bakkersvak, Gastvrij Rotterdam)
- Own the role of Foodservice brand champion as it relates to the maintenance of a consistent brand(s) identity.
- Manage and coaching of 3 direct reports within your team; Channel Marketeer, Digital Marketeer and a Creative Chef
Education and Experience: Seven to ten years of demonstrated success in brand and customer marketing roles within FMCG, Foodservice experience is required. This position requires a bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited four-year college/university. Experience in leadership roles including management of direct reports and multi-function project teams is required.
Business Acumen and Analytical Skills: Must possess strong analytical capabilities within customer, consumer, and category research. A strong understanding of the current and future state in the Out of Home market is required.
Channel and Customer Marketing: A diverse background in both disciplines is highly preferred. Development of channel and brand strategy, inclusive innovation, is a pre-requisite.
Communications: You must be a native Dutch speaker. Exceptional presentation skills in diverse environments is required. This role involves interface at all levels, internally and externally. A high level of proficiency in developing communications with a focus on simplicity and impact is required.
Digital and Social Experience: An affinity for and experience in developing and/or managing digital and social campaigns is required. The ability to identify the impact of and limitations of digital engagement based on customer capability will be essential.
Financial Management: Must possess the ability to forecast and manage an annual budget to achieve maximum Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI). Development of strategic (3-5 year) plans is preferred.
Strategic Influencing: This role requires a very high level of internal and external engagement Leveraging and holding accountable resources through strong relationships is key to success. Experience in navigating challenging budget objectives is essential.
Are you ready to join us? Then hit the apply button now! Part of the process will be a 30 minute telephone interview. If you are not ready yet and want to know more about the role, you can contact the Recruiter, Bianca Eder, on +31 6466 12829. You can also send a text, whatsapp or signal for faster communication!
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Blue Band, Becel, Flora, Rama and Country Crock that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal #LI-BE1