Head of Supply Chain -South East Asia
Head of Supply Chain -South East Asia
Based in Bangkok
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
The successful candidate, as well as being a member of the Regional Supply Chain Leadership Team and the SEA Business Leadership Team, will play a critical part in delivering our growth strategy. You will develop and lead our Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (S&OP) process and ensure the capabilities are in place to excel in customer satisfaction.
You will lead a team handling and directly responsible for all MRP activities, ensuring we optimize our cost to deliver models and that goods movement along all aspects of our value chain runs smoothly. Additionally, your team will be instrumental in optimizing our cash position through effective inventory management and ensuring that our consumers always have the choice of an Upfield product.
- Ensure a customer focused approach to create value and build a performance-based culture within the Planning & Logistics activities
- Develop, build and source the capabilities to ensure customer satisfaction and our growth targets are delivered in full
- Build and run the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning process (S&OP) including demand planning, production planning, supplier planning and the integration of our core business partners such as distributers.
- Ensure effective relationships with peer groups and external partners such as 3PL and Co-Packers
- Drive long-term capacity planning in areas such as warehousing, logistics, production and suppliers
- Ensure goods movement costs are optimized in order to drive value creation for Upfield and our customers
- Manage our inventory profile and ensure the right trade-offs between service levels, cost and cash
- Strategy: Develop and agree a strategy for the supply chain, managing the trade-off between Customer Service, Obsoletes and Working Capital within the best-balanced triangle. incorporating the requirements of key stakeholders, the Business Team, and take responsibility for implementing it.
- Capital Expenditure: Prepare and agree annual and longer-term capital budgets and take responsibility for implementation of approved projects for the factory.
- Develop organisation and ways of working to support strategy implementation.
- Culture: Work with Management team to develop a style that enrolls all in the achievement of business objectives.
- Be the key point of contact for resolving all business issues with supply chain inputs/impacts
Skills, experience and qualifications: -
- A Master’s degree in engineering, supply chain management or business administration
- At least 5 years prior experience in a similar role in a supply chain or manufacturing environment.
- FMCG background a MUST
- A proven track record in leadership
- Project management skills
- Business Strategy formulation and Change management skills
Your Personal Power! :-
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.