Head of Supply Chain
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
Planning and Logistics plays a critical role in our growth strategy and the successful candidate, as well as being a member of the Supply Chain Leadership Team, will play a critical part in delivering our growth strategy. You will develop and lead our Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process and ensure the capabilities are in place to excel in customer satisfaction.
You will be directly responsible for all MRP activities, ensuring we optimize our cost to deliver models and that goods movement along all aspects of our value chain runs smoothly. Additionally, you will be instrumental in optimizing our cash position through effective inventory management and ensuring that our consumers always have the choice of an Upfield product.
- Ensure a customer focused approach to creating value and build a performance-based culture within the Planning & Logistics activities
- Develop, build and source the capabilities to ensure customer satisfaction and our growth targets are delivered in full
- Build and run the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning process (SIOP) including demand planning, production planning, supplier planning and the integration of our core business partners such as distributers.
- Drive long-term capacity planning in areas such as warehousing, logistics, production and suppliers
- Ensure goods movement costs are optimized in order to drive value creation for Upfield and our customers
- Manage our inventory profile and ensure the right trade-offs between service levels, cost and cash
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in supply chain planning at a leading FMCG company
- Interest in sustainability and/or sustainable development / sustainable systems design
- Great personal organization skills, attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines in the multicultural environment
- Ability to articulate complex concepts clearly (both written and in presentations)
Reporting Channel, Contacts and Travel:
- The Planning and Logistics Lead is part of the Supply Chain Leadership team and has a direct reporting line to the Head of Supply Chain in South East Asia
- Internal relationships: Demand Planning, Procurement Leads, R&D, Marketing
- External: Distributers, third party logistics providers, customs and duty agents, co-packers
- Travel globally for Supplier meetings, Industry meetings, project meetings and team meetings. Travel intensity as per job requirements
Your Personal Power! :-
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.