US Performance Manager (FP&A)
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
Your Main Responsibilities:
• Lead the various Monthly/Quarterly/Annual and longer-term strategic planning financial reporting requirements for senior management
• Prepare monthly financial dashboards for senior management reflecting actual results, and comparisons to forecasts / budgets
• Analyze trends in revenue, expenses and other key performance indicators to improve process design and accuracy of financial forecasts
• Lead the firm’s annual budget process by working with the organization’s leadership to incorporate the current operating environment and strategic initiatives
• Develop financial analysis which is value-added to decision making and assessing business performance • Participate in team-wide projects with the autonomy to innovate, and develop new ways to analyze the business
• Provide analytics and insights to drive business performance and inform pricing, investment and innovation decisions
• Manage the preparation of various presentations
• Work closely with the Controllers team and business unit finance contacts
• Create ad-hoc financial analyses as needed
• Coach and develop an associate reporting to this position
• Trade term compliance and brand marketing expenses
• Manage monthly financial control activities including journal entries, reconciliations, review general ledger and oversee preparation of variance analyses, and investigate unusual items, omissions and significant differences
• Support monthly closing process to ensure accurate and transparent representation of financial results
Skills, experience and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Math-related field required
• CPA or MBA preferred
• 8+ years of experience
• Industry experience is not required but much preferred
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills as well as experience with SAP / BPC
• Strong analytical skills, providing analysis and understanding of key business metrics
• Ability to build relationships with team members and business unit leads
• Experience in a fast paced, client service environment; a high sense of urgency, a positive attitude and willingness to learn
• Must have the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines; possession of strong organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to understand and establish appropriate priorities