Director of New Brands and Categories
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
Development of New plant-based plant brand that will participate in multiple categories as a non-dairy plant-based alternative Masterbrand. A brand with a mission to deliver the same taste and culinary experience as its dairy competition while providing the health and positive environmental impact of plant-based eating.
- Leadsexecution of brand positioning, communication strategy and plan into the US and Canada markets.
- Penetrate natural channels.
- Development of Direct to consumer e-commerce platform.
- Develop new third-party manufacturing partnerships.
- Develop and execute brand marketing plans for US and Canada to deliver sustainable business and share growth across both markets.
- Lead implementation of key innovation projects into the US and Canada markets, ensuring flawless execution at all customer and consumer touch points.
- Own the relevant Brand P&L and input of long-term forecast assumptions for US and Canada.
- Manage input into and the relationship with Shopper & Customer Marketing for the brand / portfolio.
- Monitor and analyze market and competitor performance/activities in order to inform long term forecasting decisions through concrete assumptions. Proactively recommending changes to the annual plan to drive improved growth and competitiveness.
- Leads cross-functional project teams and work closely with Business Operations to ensure global alignment and consistency in go-to-market strategy.
- Develops and present compelling trade stories to key Customers to help secure listings and support for key initiatives.
- Develops robust Business Cases and manage projects through key gate-keeping meetings.
- Manage relationships with external Agency partners in driving projects.
Skills and Experience Required
- B.S in Marketing or related field, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years CPG industry experience (preferably Food)
- Startup experience highly valued
- Exception project management experience and ability to lead others and drive a growth mindset
- Seasoned creative development and agency management experience
- High emotional intelligence with strong organization strategic influencing skills
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!