Chef – Upfield Professionals
Chef - Upfield Professional
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 27 market units. We have the mind-set of a start-up, this makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
This is a role for someone who loves food. Someone who really knows Food and Ingredients and Love to Cook -and importantly know what’s happening in the world of Food – so an interest in what’s happening in hospitality is critical. You need to be in touch with the world of the professional chef. Having experience in the industry – even if it was washing dishes - is a bonus. It’s this kind of insight into the tough world of ‘out of home’ food that we really value.
Reporting into the Marketing Director, you will be supporting on the execution of the customer strategy and customer business plans. You will be jointly responsible for the achievement of turn over and the P&L of your customers as well as for the implementation and the optimisation of the category strategies within the customer.
- Support sales force in market development and goal achievement through effective communications and demonstrations of technical and qualitative capability of the UPro product range
- Support new product launches with road show and customized training
- Select the appropriate costumer/products and develop relevant applications
- Be the Upfield Professional ambassador within the local catering industry, and project a professional image of UPro for trade show and big demos with the implementation of master class, food costing supports, educational and big size demo as well as the industry best practice.
- Understand the customers operation in order to provide the right selling approach and tools to the sales team.
- Demonstrate with products knowledge training the purpose and positioning of new products
- Promote through training and behavior professional standards of hygiene in the sales force and sales support teams.
- Use chef language to influence the sales team behaviour, promote and infuse chefmanship into sales force team to deliver effective sales operation.
- Customise Culinary and product training plan to enable sales and sales support teams to demonstrate a superior-selling proposition to the customer
- Create with advance recipes development further opportunity for the sales force
- Develop optimal integrated promo plan (incl. selling the plan @ the customer) and manage promo investments
- Participate actively to the account managers meetings, looking at the best solution for the business
- Core Member of all Innovations
Your Personal Power! :-
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Track record of customer relationship management within food services
- Bakery /Pastry background
- Prior commercial experience and exposure to P&L
- Proven history of working within a team environment
- FMCG experience
- Food service sales experience, Chef by profession.
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Partners!