UK & Ireland Commercial Finance Manager
UK & Ireland Commercial Finance Manager
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
Key role as Commercial Finance Manager for Upfield UK & I, reporting into the Country Controller (Head of Finance). Your role will be to drive sustainable profitable growth and business strategy through partnering with the Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain teams. You will provide insight and challenge through analyzing drivers of performance (financial and market) and help build action plans to deliver against our ambitious business strategy.
Performance Management and Driving Sustainable Profitable Growth
- Ownership of P&L and responsible for steering delivery of Revenue and Gross Profit
- Provide analytics and insights to drive business performance and inform pricing, investment and innovation decisions
- Drive robust cost and investment control/budget management over trade and marketing spend and embed Return on Investment approach (Net Revenue Management, Marketing Return on Investment)
- Partner to Sales Leadership team to drive in-month and quarterly Revenue and Gross Profit delivery
- Business Partner Marketing Director with a focus on innovation development and execution (business case build and tracking, resource allocation)
- Lead local Supply Chain Finance agenda, providing insights into cost trends, capital investment requirements and budget management over local warehouse
- Steer monthly/quarterly forecasting cycle to produce robust forecast and clear decisions/actions/trade-offs
- Develop long-term financial plan aligned to strategic objectives and priorities
Controls, Accounting & Governance
- Develop, implement and monitor strong internal control environment across all business end-to-end processes
- Maintain integrity of the Balance Sheet for trade investment costs, ensuring clear management ownership and regular management reviews
- Oversee Order to Cash processes, including Credit management, pricing and claims management
Skills and Capabilities Required
- Professional Accounting qualification
- Commercial business partnering experience in Consumer Goods industry with proven ability to deliver insights and results
- Proven ability to work in a multi-functional organisation with varied stakeholders (seniority, functional mix)
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Delivery-focussed with a high degree of ownership and a positive, growth mindset
- Collaborative and team-orientated mindset
- Resilience and ability to manage and navigate through change and uncertainty
- Insurgent mindset and passion to identify and deliver profitable, growth opportunities