Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Job title: Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reports to: HR Business Partner
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
As Payroll and Reward&Benefits Specialist you will play a key role in this by being the primary contact for your HR colleagues & the Upfield business and support and guide them in all queries relevant to salary, systems, processes, the 30% tax ruling, employee benefits and reward policies.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic Payroll and Reward & Benefits specialist who will be part of our Upfield HR team. Do you have knowledge and relevant experience and an entrepreneurial mindset? Maybe you should join our team!
Which tasks are part of the job?
- Monitoring & supporting monthly payroll processes and transactions performed by our payroll provider SDWorx, to achieve 100% payroll timeliness and accuracy for The Netherlands, Belgium and France.
- Advising our HR community & Business on Payroll related topic’s and queries.
- Responsible for data entry and document creation in cooperation with payroll provider when needed for certain payroll processes (e.g. Claims, Debts and Off-Cycle Payments)
- Liaise as an expert for the payroll process towards our payroll provider SDWorkx
- Identifying and fixing payroll issues in a structural manner and logging and tracking all changes to payroll.
- Working together with the payroll providers to support incident resolution and ensure that key stakeholders are informed.
- Being aware of upcoming legal & policy changes and work with the providers to agree on the implementation approach and timing.
- Participating as an active member of the Global Payroll network and contribute to this network by sharing good practices.
- Ensuring that all handover points relating to payroll for Third-Parties (Tax authorities, pension fund, insurance companies), HR, Finance and the Business are well in place.
- Advising our HR community on Operational Reward & Benefits (pension, bonus, CLA, allowances, etc.) related topics.
- Delivering the yearly Annual Performance Review process for all employees from calculation of the new bonusses within Global timeliness.
- Completing Reward & Benefits transactions to the payroll together with your colleagues.
- Making sure all information in your area of expertise is spot on to enable employees to see their salary information through the payroll portal !
- Working close with the Data Specialist to support him/her with the End2End data quality.
- Being aware and implement upcoming legal or collective labor agreement changes: calculate new packages, implement and work with the providers to agree on the implementation approach and timing.
- Working together with the Upfield teams to ensure flawless processes and great employee experience (Finance, T&A, Pension, IR/ER, Reward, fleet etc.)
What do we expect from you?
- Fluent in Dutch and English language;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in Payroll specific Customer facing advisory role;
- Completion of PDL is highly recommended;
- Highly skilled with Excel; (i.e. Formula’s, V-Look up, Reports, Pivot tables)
- Think in solutions and possibilities;
- Are pro-active and spot opportunities for improvement by using data and your insights from conversations with HR colleagues, employees and line managers;
- Are not afraid to push back when needed but driven to deliver an excellent End2End employee/line manager experience;
- Work in a structured manner;
- Like to work in a dynamic, complex, international and ever-changing environment;
- Understand the bigger picture but have an eye for detail;
- Fire up when there is a challenge but remain your cool when there are multiple priorities or peaks in workload;
- Are pragmatic but thorough in doing your work and finding the best approach for every situation;
- Able to work independently whilst also enjoying collaborating with your colleagues;
- Have proficient and broad understanding of Payroll & HR systems, processes, and 3rd party providers
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers. If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, and would like to join us apply online!