Associate Finance Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
Core Business Processes
• Play a leading in role in the Month End close process, ensuring transactional timeliness and appropriate accounting management
• Manage Cash Forecasting process and providing analysis of cash flow drivers, helping to unlock opportunities in the Order to Cash and Purchase to Pay workstreams
• Prepare Financial Statements for the US entities including the Consolidation of Manufacturing and Sales companies, and ensuring the proper application of Accounting Standards
• Perform Account Reconciliations and identify Opportunities and Risks in Balance Sheet Accounts as well as producing aging reports to bring attention to inappropriate balances.
• Improve working capital through management of customer payment performance, trade term compliance, and maximizing vendor terms. Partner with Supply Chain Finance team to ensure proper management of Inventory levels. Provide analytical reporting on cash conversion cycle and working capital KPIs
• Prepare accruals and raise journal entries for expense items including trade spend and Advertising/Promotion activities
• Manage and mitigate bad debt and minimise bad debt provision
• Work with the shared service teams to ensure effective and aligned communication and deliverables are met
• Work with shared service and other internal functions to ensure that Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes are carried out in an appropriate fashion minimizing company exposure to risk
• Ensure accurate and timely month end reporting
• Experience with systems implementations including but not limited to ERP implementations, marketing spend management systems, accounts payable/receivable process design and reporting solutions
• Develop and design reporting solutions for profitability metrics, cash management, and financial reporting
Business Controls & Risk Management
• Develop, implement and monitor strong internal control environment across all business processes.
• Safeguard adherence to all company policies and procedures
• Active risk management with a focus on driving key actions in partnership with country leadership team
• Lead Statutory audit process and reporting, managing relationship with external auditors
• Support Internal Audit team and drive full implementation of any recommendations
Skills, experience and qualifications:
• Solid understanding of ERP and Reporting systems, with SAP knowledge a plus
• 5-10 years Accounting and Finance experience
• Excellent understanding of financial metrics and FFG Financial processes
• Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, good team player, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines, great communication skills and excellent attention to detail
• Strong analytical bias and Microsoft Excel skills
• PowerPoint capability