Customer Development Manager, FoodService
Customer Development Manager, FoodService – North America
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! and Imperial that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward each other, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have a passion to grow this business and we’re looking for the right people to share our passion – those that love what they do, come to play every day and not sit on the sidelines, and are looking for exciting career opportunities.
About the Role!
The Channel Development Manager is responsible for
- Working with the FoodService Leadership Team to assist in the development of channel strategies, Channel Go-To-Market and Pricing Guidelines.
- Channel business analysis leading to identification of major business-building initiatives and shopper insights.
- Management of key channel messaging for the FoodService Initiative.
This role reports to the Head of Sales, FoodService - North America.
- Channel Go-To-Market Guidelines and Pricing Guidelines: Work with FoodService Channel Teams in the development of the Channel Go-To-Market Guidelines and Pricing Guidelines and ensure their effective and timely communications and channel Account personnel understanding and compliance.
- Upfield Selling Message/Campaigns/Negotiations: Support development of Upfield selling messages and campaigns to the channel and customers aimed at providing a unified voice and direction. Assist Head of NA Food Service and Food Service Sales Team in planning and preparing for key customer negotiations and the handling of objections of these messages and initiatives.
- Business Analysis & Growth Opportunities: Carry out effective business analysis to respond to channel and customer category, customer, shopper and competitive industry trends. Focus on identifying new distribution opportunities for Upfield, the channel and key customers and ensure their integration into channel and customer plans and proposals.
- KPI and Internal Business Review Reporting: Report Food Service Business Results and KPIs on a monthly basis to FoodService Leadership. Provide more detailed NAM level analysis to Head of FS on a quarterly basis.
- Channel and Shopper Insights: Conduct analysis to identify meaningful shopper insights and ensure development into effective selling stories for account personnel that can be used to sell increased support for the FoodService initiatives.
- Business Reviews: Assist in development of business reviews that can be carried out and delivered by the FoodService Account personnel.
- Category Management: Work with the Upfield Customer Development team to identify category management opportunities.
- Marketing Coordination: Work closely with Upfield Marketing counterparts to coordinate execution of national consumer platforms. Support Food Service Marketing in the evaluation of consumer programs to improve ROI.
- Special Planning Projects: Carry out special planning projects as requested by the Food Service Leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or combination of relevant education and experience.
- 5+ Years of professional Customer/ Channel Sales experience – Food Service is ideal.
- Proficiency with analytics, metrics and drawing insights from large data sets. Strong MS Excel skills.
- Channel/Segment Experience: Experience supporting overall Foodservice channel initiatives, including large Multi-Unit commercial chain operators (Limited Service & Full Service). Managing and promoting sales with distributor & GPO’s is a plus.
- Presentation Building Skills: Development of presentation documents drawing from all available sources.
- Negotiating Skills: Ability to develop support and tools for Upfield to achieve pre-planned results in a meeting or discussion by negotiating for those results.
- Training Skills: Ability to develop support and tools for Upfield to perform product training aimed to reinforce the attributes and benefits of the product portfolio.
- Organizational Skills: Ability to interact with various cross functional areas within Upfield, as well as external resources. Integrate data, content and key elements necessary to build process and best practice tools for Upfield sales success.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!