Internship Logistics Assistant
Internship - Logistics Assistant
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
We are looking for a talented Logistics Assistant that will support our Supply Chain Department for Spanish and Portuguese markets.
He/she will reports to the Head of Supply Chain Iberia.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Support the Logistics specialist who is responsible for all secondary, warehousing and pallets logistics operations across its geography.
- Ensure service to customers and cost.
- Support on the definition & implementation of a Global project.
- Operation activities
- Solve and monitor any service issues and inform relevant teams if necessary
- Support factories and primary transport for any transport / warehouse issues
- Supporting Customer Service for any transport or stock issues
- Solve quality issues and prevent re-occurrence
- Capacity planning short and mid-term
- Cost and Service monitoring and improvement activities
- Monitor, identify and implement improvement opportunities on Cost and Service
- Operate the Returns/Refusals process, incl. customer claims
- Over-/Under-delivery management
- System and other activities
- Coding On-Time/In-Full service losses
- Ensure the simplified intake process with EDI messages from factories are working
- Preparation for Stocktake & execution
- Coordinate stock write-offs with 3PL and finance team
- Maintaining Logistics master-data (country and customer specific)
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications
This is a great job for you, if YOU have:
- An academic background or degree in Science, Engineering or Economics degree, ideally with a Logistics or Supply Chain element.
- Desirable, professional experience in similar roles (Supply Chain and/or Logistics experience in FMCG or other relevant industry - Retailer or 3PL environment)
- Languages: fluent in English and in Spanish
- Analytical and proactive mindset.
- Be able to arrange an internship contract with any University
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers. If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, and would like to join us apply online!