At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
As a Finance & Data leader for the Upfield Professional channel you will have an end-to-end ownership in the finance function. You will partner the Upfield Professional team and work very closely together with Sales, Supply Chain and Marketing as well as with the central performance management team. The role reports into the European Performance Manager and will be based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Your Main Responsibilities:
Business Delivery & Performance Management
- In-year holistic business delivery across all KPIs (Market Share, Net sales & EBIT, Cash & Working Capital)
- Strong focus of the role is on development of analytics and insights to drive business performance and inform pricing, investment and innovation decisions.
- Leverage your developed analytics and insights across the region
- Develop a transparent process around trade investment control & efficiency assessment for better return;
- Active cash management to secure business liquidity
- Lead financial forecasting/budgeting and longer-term strategic planning processes for the Professional channel, closely working together with your Retail counterpart
Business Controls & Risk Management
- Develop, implement and monitor strong internal control environment across all business processes.
- Safeguard adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Active risk management with a focus on driving key actions in partnership with country leadership team
- Managing and reporting all P&L lines
- Ensure correct bookings of costs in P&L as per SCOA
- Cash flow forecast
- Support transition away from Unilever and set-up of distinct Spreads organization
- Ensure effective local implementation of Transition Services Agreements (TSAs) in conjunction with Unilever management
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
This is a great job for you when the following relates to you:
- Strong academic record;
- Professional Accounting or Controlling qualification with a solid reporting and control skill set;
- 5-7 years relevant Finance experience
- Commercial business partnering experience within FMCG with proven ability to deliver results;
- Has a clear passion and track record for working with big datasets, analyses and gets energy from developing analytical insights;
- Strong Excel skills and PowerPoint capability are a must;
- Experience in working with Power BI is a pre;
- Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, good team player, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines, great communication skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Fluency in English is required;
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
Interested in this role?
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of finance and the FMCG business, and would like to join apply !
You can apply until the 11th of November. After the closing date our Recruiter will review your cv and if we see a fit we will set up a telephone interview first. Once we both agree to a fit we move to the first face to face interview.