Santa Iria da Azóia, Portugal
Fixed term contract until March 2020
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
The PTG Planner is responsible for:
- The creation of an optimal production plan of his/her European margarine portfolio, hereby satisfying both internal and external stakeholders. On top of this, the PTG Planner is responsible for optimizing all planning parameters (i.e., stock level, waste, service, costs).
- Secondly, the PTG planner is the main point of contact for the market, having end to end ownership of supply. This means among others leading and coordinating new product innovations from planning point of view from start to production against minimum costs and service issues;
- In addition, it is also expected that the PTG Planner will act as an active back-up planner for other processes in the planning department, such as short-term planner responsibilities.).
Making an optimal production plan (2-12 weeks) for margarine production lines in Santa Iria, such that all production resources are utilized efficiently, with the goal of having the right product on the right time at the customers. More specifically, this means among others:
- Creating the optimal production plan;
- Aligning the plan with the short-term production planner (horizon 2 weeks) for alignment with operations;
- Creating alternative production plans when issues and challenges occurs;
- Ownership of the planning responsibilities for your portfolio (e.g., risk alignment meeting, regular planning meeting internally);
- Minimizing waste impact of productions by defining optimal production strategy (e.g., cycle production), while safeguarding service and stocks;
- In the lead of network capacity planning (e.g., Rough Cut Capacity Planning) and actively flagging opportunities and risks.
- Keeping track of planning parameters in terms of accuracy and completeness;
- Reporting KPI’s;
First point of contact with all site customers. This means among others:
- Update countries on relevant information (on regular and timely basis in full);
- During innovation active in lead for phasing in and phasing out of new and old products;
- Flag risks and compose action plan to minimize service impact;
- Challenge demand forecast and initiate event management activities;
Contribute to continuous optimization projects, such that internal and external KPI’s are further improved/optimized. This means for example:
- Leading or part of improvement projects within supply chain;
- Supporting project teams with planning and logistics input;
- Flagging sub-optimal processes and implement improvements;
- Translating internal and external stakeholders needs in the improvement process;
Leading the planning innovation responsibilities;
- In the lead of the obsoletes process in the factory;
- First point of contact for marketing on new packaging;
- In the lead of alignment with project departments (e.g., Technology & Innovation);
- In the lead of the masterdata process concerning pack materials and BOM creations/adjustments;
- In the lead for alignment with raw and pack material planners concerning timings and required actions (e.g., phasing out strategy of old pack materials);
This is a great job for you when the following relates to you:
- Excellent communicative and analytical skills;
- Accurate and structured way of working;
- Strong feeling of ownership and E2E responsibility;
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- Extensive SAP (e.g., APO) experience;
- Extensive MS Office (e.g., Excel) experience;
- Planning experience is a pre;
- Fluent in English.
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, and would like to join us, apply!