Team Leader - Publix/Florida
Title: Team Leader - Publix/Florida
Location: Home Office-Based (Preferred location: Lakeland area FL)
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The Team Leader- Florida is responsible for the delivery of business results and building relationships at Key Florida accounts. This includes direct responsibility for Publix, in addition to managing and directing our business at Southeastern Grocers, with the support of our sales agency partners.
The role will translate the Upfield strategy into customer specific Joint Business Plans that will deliver profitably growth. Upfield is in growth mode and you will be supported in your mission with core brand renovation, innovation, and a company-wide digital transformation.
The candidate must have a strong business acumen and must also possess the ability to build great relationships, both internally and externally. Prior experience with Publix is a must. Broker management experience preferred. Position reports into the VP of Sales, Upfield East.
- Achieve profit, volume, distribution and other key metrics as agreed
- Develop and implement sales plans for both new and existing business
- Build value-enhancing relationships with key customers
- Negotiation of contractual terms to ensure maximum ROI for Upfield
- Sharing of best practice across extended teams, to ensure the activation of these practices
- Management of broker execution within area of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record in selling with progressive influence on ROI
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Publix (7-10 years) with track record of delivery
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into a tactical plan
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills
- Strong Planning and Analytical Skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Good influencing, interpersonal, and communication skills including verbal, written
- Understanding of P&L, financial projections, and financial metrics
- Strong knowledge of POS Reporting systems and Sales Planning Systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Travel to include customer visits, team meetings, and trade shows
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!