Location: Hackensack, NJ
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
You will host existing and potential customers as the “go-to” culinary and plant-based products contact through in-person events and online cooking tutorials!
- Becomes a subject matter expert relative to Upfield’s product capabilities.
- Works on a variety of projects, including menu concept development, product development, customer work sessions, culinary plant-based training and other company and customer related projects as needed.
- Works primarily with assigned food service and retail accounts across all menu categories.
- Cooks, preps and grocery shops as needed for a range of projects, including internal and customer presentations, special events, marketing activities, and trade shows.
- Develops and tests product applications/recipes within foodservice template.
- Always adheres to and models good manufacturing practices (GMPs); maintains clean and organized workspace and practices “clean as you go” standard at all times.
- Personable and engaging with customers.
- Thorough working understanding of commercial restaurant cooking equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of food ingredients including handling, origin, cooking application, flavor combinations and sensory attributes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts preferred
- Ability to travel 30% required
- Must be comfortable in front of a Camera
- 5 years Practical cooking experience
- Prior experience as Corporate Chef for a food manufacturer or restaurant chain preferred
- Solid math computation skills required including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios, recipe yield computation and batch size computation.
- Must have a solid understanding of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!