Reports to Quality Lead
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The purpose of the role is to coordinate the activities of the Quality team ensuring that the finished products comply to specifications and that the production processes meet the requirements of the food safety management system.
- Working with operating staff to establish and implement procedures, standards and systems
- Apply quality standards and audits in accordance with the Food Safety Management System
- Ensure HACCP plan is always adhered to and coordinate HACCP Team activities
- Ensure all non-conformances are dealt with adequately as per internal procedures
- Develop and review quality documentation and draft quality assurance policies and procedures
- Quality systems auditing to assure compliance to GMP and support site audit readiness activities
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards and procedures and enforce sampling procedures
- Responsible for document management systems for Upfield Ghana
- Review the implementation of quality and self-inspection systems and enforce sampling procedures
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Investigates customer complaints and non-conformance issues; Recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Collect and compile statistical quality data, prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers; evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- At least bachelor's degree in Food Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related discipline
- 3+ years in a similar role preferably in FMCG sector
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Good planner and communicator with excellent report writing skills and attention to detail
- Good team player and proven ability to work well independently
- Experience in the implementation of FSSC 22000 or BRC food safety management systems
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!