Location – Tema, Ghana
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
The primary purpose of the role of the Shift Lead is to lead the shift production team in the execution of the production plan, ensuring that product meets all quality specifications, asset care through autonomous maintenance tasks and the resolution of production problems.
The role will manage and lead the production team of Operators, Technicians and Quality Analyst with the intent to ensure the overall targets are achieved via best operating practices.
- Lead the production shift in achieving daily target at the right cost with minimal waste
- Responsible for the health & safety of all shift employees
- Ensures products are produced within the right quality specifications
- Ensures performance management is fully entrenched
- Ensure that continuous improvement culture if fully entrenched
- Maintain discipline always
- Higher National Diploma and/or 3 years relevant technical/production related tertiary qualification
- Preferably a BSc. Engineering degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical), Sciences
- 3 years technical and leadership experience in a FMCG environment
- Proven Leadership skills and management capability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - clear capability and credibility to influence at shop floor level.
- Good problem-solving capability, able to train and coach own team.
- Logical thinker with the ability to determine quick solutions when problems arise
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality is non-negotiable.
- Pragmatic and able to place equal emphasis on quality and productivity
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!