Region PR Manager
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU!
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
This role will play a key role in building and strengthening engagement with our external stakeholders to bring the Global Mission to life in Austria, Switzerland and Italy.
Reporting into the Head of Corporate Affairs and Communications for Europe and Middle East, the region PR Manager is responsible for leading and executing the PR strategy for both our leading brands and category in market. You will use the levers of public relations to drive the agenda and reputation for our iconic brands, delivering against our noble purpose and business strategy at a local level.
- Working closely with the local marketing team deliver breakthrough PR campaigns which create ‘talkability’ for our leading brands.
- Develop an always-on PR plan to deliver activity and news generation across the year for both Upfield and its brand, maximising key moments and cultural hooks.
- Operate a highly effective day-to-day media relations function, managing proactive briefings with members of the press and handling reactive enquiries.
- Lead and execute the category PR strategy in Austria and Switzerland, against global communications guidelines.
- Protect the reputation of the brand and ensure effective issues management working with the Global Corporate Affairs and Communications team.
- Responsible for external local PR agency.
- Manage the execution of local events with external stakeholders.
- Manage PR reporting against KPI’s and global strategy.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as marketing to ensure external communications meet business goals, manage stakeholder opinions and are coordinated with other activities.
We are looking for passionate PR Professional with minimum 10 years of experience either in-house or agency with deep understanding of the regional markets, stakeholders, media landscape, strong network and media relations.
If you are a self-starter with loads of initiative, innovative and creative mind, with proactive and solutions-seeker approach, able to adapt fast in dynamic everchanging environment this is a perfect role for you!
To be successful in this role you will need strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface collaboratively cross-functionally and relate both globally and locally. Role requires to travel within Europe, mainly between Austria, Switzerland and Italy, as well as our HQ in Amsterdam if needed.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!