Supply Chain Analyst
Supply Chain Analyst
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
Customer service excellence, inventory control and continuous improvement plays a critical role in our growth strategy and the successful candidate will play a critical part in delivering our growth strategy. You will assist with customer collaboration, process improvement, logistics optimisation and waste management during the exciting post-launch period of our new ERP platform!
You will be directly responsible for the support of customer service operations, vendor replenishment, monthly supply chain accruals, inventory analysis and partnering with the wider Upfield team to create value for our stakeholders. These initiatives will ensure that our consumers always have the choice of an Upfield product, maximising at all times Service Level and stock availability to customers. No two days will be the same and every team member plays a role in process improvement and value creation.
- Ensure a customer centric approach is taken with creating value and building a performance-based culture within the ANZ Supply Chain team
- Own day to day inventory control with our primary 3PL warehouse and remedy any variances
- Support the management of inbound customer orders across all customers. Both EDI and non-EDI order types as a backup support for primary customer service team members
- Demonstrate the flexibility to be based at vendor sites during periods where leave coverage is required for our vendor replenishment planners to ensure stock availability to customer distribution centres is not compromised
- Ensure effective relationships are maintained with peer groups and external partners such as third-party logistics providers and manufacturers
- Record and analyse weekly customer service and inventory results – identify root causes and corrective measures to improve results.
- Lead the allocation of loss reason codes for any customer service issues and investigate service improvement opportunities with 3PLs
- Monthly finalisation of business waste and supply chain accruals
- Interact with the business to identify requirements for new reporting (ad-hoc) and agreed KPIs
Reporting Channel, Contacts and Travel:
- The Customer Service and Inventory Lead is part of the ANZ Supply Chain team and has a direct reporting line to the End to End Supply Chain Lead
- Internal relationships: Sales, Marketing, Finance
- External: third party manufacturers, distributers and third party logistics providers.
- Travel: as required interstate to provide leave coverage for the Melbourne based VRP or to visit 3PL/3PMs.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in supply chain vendor replenishment, import/export planning, customer service or planning preferably in an FMCG company. Experience with chilled food products is a plus.
- Interest in sustainability and/or sustainable development / sustainable systems design
- Ability to articulate complex concepts clearly (both written and in presentations)
- Ability to engage in proactive conversations with 3PLs to address service issues
- Very strong work ethic, resilience in the face of pressure, a good team player, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines, great communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- SAP basic competence in Supply Chain modules such as ECC
- Great personal organisation skills, attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines in a diverse team and dynamic environment
You'll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You'll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we'll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want to bring your ideas, motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.