At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
We need a culinary superstar to develop, test & showcase our products and ingredients.
We’re looking for someone with experience cooking professionally – this doesn’t necessarily mean fancy Michelin, but we are looking for high level culinary skills. This will likely include a high level of proficiency in Baking and Pastry (a key application of many of our ingredients). You’ll bring the skills, creativity and knowledge of food which can inspire and educate our team and our customers. You’ll earn their trust because of this extensive and valuable experience.
This is a role for someone with passion not only for being in the kitchen, but also for communicating culinary knowledge. You’ll be just as comfortable leading a workshop with professional chefs - as you are leading a product demonstration to a retail buying team – or a training session with our own team.
Developing & Testing
This role will require extensive culinary testing of current & new products. You will be taster and tester in chief of all things culinary in our business! You’ll participate in the development of cutting-edge innovation, and as a global organisation, you’ll interact and exchange ideas with Upfield Chefs from around the world.
You will also be responsible for maintaining the market leading taste and performance of our current portfolio. We are serious about product quality, so frequent benchmarking and performance assessments will be high on the agenda.
Showcasing & Training
You will be the face of our market leading culinary content – including recipe videos and product showcases. We produce a lot of content, so you’ll need to bring the ideas and ability to create fantastic applications for our portfolio - from great cakes, to stunning inspiration for dinners both in and out of home. Experience of contemporary food styling is a must!
You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside some of the most exciting food businesses in the world - our customers. These include major supermarkets, global food service leaders, Michelin starred restaurants and high leading chain restaurants and pubs. You’ll be responsible for working together with their development teams to create magic with our portfolio. You’ll also lead the charge in keeping our full team at the cutting edge of all things culinary. We’re serious about knowing our products inside and out, and you will be responsible for making sure were the best in the business in terms of culinary knowledge and training.
In short, this is a career defining role for someone with serious food chops who wants to drive the culinary agenda of a progressive and entrepreneurial organisation.
• Structure, coordinate and deliver a culinary training programmes for our organisation
• Be the culinary expert in our full retail and food service portfolio
• Support our customer development teams with culinary showcases for our customers
• Be a core member of all innovation projects across the UK and Ireland
• Support (and deliver) compelling culinary content for all our advertising – which will include appearing in social medial videos and tutorials.
• Support our technical teams in the testing of product functionality and claims
• Leading our interaction with key suppliers of menu and trend insight
• Retail and Food Service Marketing teams
• The Upfield technical and nutritional team
• Customer Development teams – and our customers
• The international community of Upfield Chefs
Key skills & experience:
• Professional calibre culinary skills. Experience cooking at high level in professional kitchens, or in food development and presentation.
• Experience leading culinary training sessions with qualified cooks & chefs
• Experience in recipe development and food showcases to major retailers
• Experience in plant-based cooking is desirable
• Highly developed skills in sweet and savory baking
• Contemporary food styling experience
• Kitchen management experience (because you get your own kitchen in our new London office...)
• Confident and competent in professional baking & pastry
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.