At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
We are recruiting a Technical Specialist to be based in our Wimbledon office.
Simply put, this role relates to the managing and communicating of our technical information in our own business, and directly with our customers across Professional and Retail.
Currently you are likely to be a Technical Manager deeply immersed in the food industry. You will be fully conversant with the requirements of technical specifications, technical projects and be comfortable interacting with the technical functions of customers. It is likely that you will be either fully qualified or highly skilled in food nutrition.
You will act as our key interface between the UKI team and our Rotterdam based central technical and R&D resource. Additionally, your responsibilities will include forging a close relationship with local and central Quality functions – participating in all projects relating to rigorous standards of quality – and the communication of these directly to our customers.
- Manage, control and communicate technical specifications across our Retail and Professional portfolio
- Be the guardian of all technical information to ensure accuracy and proper control & management
- Convert centrally produced specifications to suit customization requirements of selected local customers
- Coordinate and document extensive competitive reviews from a technical perspective
- Act as the primary link between central R&D functions and the UKI business
- Participate in all innovation projects across the UK and Ireland, including next generation packaging
- Review and approve technical content on all artwork
- Develop market leading expertise in the sourcing and processing of all our core ingredients
- Act as the external face of Upfield with relevant industry bodies and associations
- Retail and Food Service Marketing teams
- The Upfield R&D function
- Customer Development teams – and our customers.
- The local and international community of Upfield Chefs
- Relevant industry bodies and associations
Key skills & experience
- Strong food science background, including Nutrition.
- Qualified to degree level & member of relevant industry bodies.
- Significant experience in the formal preparation & management of technical specifications
- Active in industry associations relating to food technology and nutrition
- Experience in participating in projects with high levels of technical content
- Experience thriving in an international matrix organisation
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.