Sourcing Unit Controller
Job Title: Sourcing Unit Controller
Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Lätta, Milda, Rama, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started. Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
We’re now looking for a SU-Controller to our factory in Helsingborg. The Sourcing Unit Controller leads the finance function in the factory and is responsible for driving the factory financial performance and to assure financial control. He/she is an active member of the Site Leadership team and is responsible for the finance processes of the factory. The Sourcing Unit controller is the Finance Business Partner to the Site director/manager and the Leadership team. He/she provides decision support and financial analysis for value creation (continuous improvement) and to the strategic plans of the factory. The controller drive cost deployment activities and lead teams to deliver sustainable cost improvement in the factory.
This job is a key role in the Management Team of the Factory in Helsingborg and the European supply planning team The role consists in managing and developing the supply planning team, ensuring that finished goods, raw and pack are planned to avoid out of stocks while minimizing production cost, inventory and obsoletes. As a member of the Management Team, the Supply Planning Manager has a role in the site change agenda, annual Business Plan process and master plan. Finally, as a member of the Supply Planning community, you will interact with all other SC departments and may lead European wide projects.
The Supply Chain Finance – Sourcing Unit (SU) Controller reports to Supply Chain Finance Manager Europe. Key interactions are:
- Central SC Finance team
- Site Leadership Team
- Country Finance Teams
- Head of Supply Chain
- CFO Supply Chain
- Drive performance of the site together with the leadership team to ensure delivery of costs targets
- Completion of financial modelling and analysis in support of capital investments or other ad-hoc business proposals as needed
- Play a key role in all areas of the site’s Leadership Team including strategy, business plan, continuous improvement and general site issues
- Ensure that procedures are set up and operating according to group policies (internal control)
- Statutory- and tax reporting responsibility for SU legal entity
- Coordinate financial audits
- Work closely with European SC Finance Team on SU results
- Full P&L and BS responsibility (management accounting and statutory accounting)
- Delivery of sourcing unit result,
- Analyse production variances (RM/Pack/conversion cost) and propose actions
- Management of capital expenditure and reporting,
- Fixed Asset management
- Inventory accounting and valuation
- Product costing
- Accurate and timely reporting of actuals
- Financial forecasting and annual budget process
- Cash flow management and reporting
- Value creation reporting (continuous improvement results)
- Coordinate internal- and external audit for the SU
- Manages Activity Based Costing (ABC) for Transfer Price Calculation
Standards of leadership applicable for this role are listed below in order of importance:
- Accountability and responsibility;
- Analytics/leverage mastery
- Growth mindset;
- Bias for action;
- Master degree in Accounting/ finance or equivalent;
- More than 3 years of experience in financial, operational and business partnering roles
- Efficient written and spoken English – experience from an English speaking work environment is an advantage
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with ability to respond under pressure
- Experience of working in cross functional teams within a matrix environment desirable
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Meticulous nature and good attention to detail
- Flexible and open minded, quick to adapt to changing requirements