Associate Brand Manager
Associate Brand Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
This is an exciting time to join a leading plant-based brand in the spreads/butter category with aggressive ambition for 2020 and beyond. We’re looking to hire an Associate Brand Manager for Country Crock Plant Butter, the biggest innovation in our US portfolio. Country Crock Plant Butter is a dairy-free, plant-based butter that cooks, bakes, and tastes like dairy butter. The Associate Brand Manager would work on the creative development and execution of our activation programs as well as lead many key performance and operational aspects of the business, all while supporting a brand manager and a director. This Associate will join the Upfield marketing team with a variety of opportunities to develop their marketing acumen and show leadership potential to further their career within the organization.
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Inform overall communications strategy and marketing plan for Country Crock Plant Butter
- Create and execute custom content with digital publisher partners in the food and lifestyle space
- Own our branded channel strategy including website, social media handles (FB, IG, Twitter etc.) and care-line
- Lead partner agencies in planning and executing all customer shopper marketing activities and national consumer promotional strategies.
- Execute packaging updates and customer adaptions with a cross-functional team, including gaining stakeholder approvals and ongoing communication and alignment with the sales team
- Provide marketing intelligence insights in conjunction with media agency to synthesize and optimize activities in the areas of paid and owned media (tv, digital, social, website), with an eye towards learning and utilizing our data management platforms to extend our targeting capabilities
- Monitor budget on an ongoing basis, work closely with external partners to efficiently process expenses.
- Report to marketing leadership on retail sales performance on a monthly basis; partners with internal teams and/or agencies to assess performance data in real time.
- Stay on top of food and plant-based trends as well as new marketing technology to assist with special marketing projects as needed to leverage innovative channels.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of experience in brand marketing and/or consumer space, or in management consulting.
- Passion for food and strong interest in plant-based products
- High level of interpersonal skills working with and leading cross-functional teams
- Passion for marketing and ability to identify and develop strong creative
- Strong analytical skills to identify opportunities based on data analysis and provide strategic recommendations to line manager and above.
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
Convenient transportation options provided by Upfield for those who live in NYC or Hoboken.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!