OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU!
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
This role will play a key role in building and strengthening engagement with our external stakeholders to bring the Global Mission to life in Germany.
Reporting into the Head of Corporate Affairs &Communications for Europe and Middle East (functionally), as well as the General Manager for Germany (operationally), the region PR Manager is responsible for leading and executing the PR strategy for both our leading brands and category in market. You will use the levers of public relations to drive the agenda and reputation for our iconic brands, delivering against our noble purpose and business strategy at a local level.
- Lead and execute the category PR strategy in Germany, against Global Corporate Affairs and Communications guidelines
- Protect the reputation of the company and our brands and ensure effective issues management, working with the Global Corporate Affairs and Communications team
- Mapping a broad range of stakeholders that are relevant to our business and engaging with them on a regular basis to understand the stakeholder expectations from our company to better position Upfield in our mission to make people healthier, happier and a better steward for the planet
- Operate a highly effective day-to-day media relations function, managing proactive briefings with members of the press and handling reactive enquiries
- Management of an external local PR agency and execution of local PR events
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as marketing to ensure external communications meet business goals, manage stakeholder opinions and are coordinated with other activities
- Working closely with the local marketing team deliver breakthrough PR campaigns which create ‘talkability’ for our leading brands
- Develop an always-on PR plan to deliver activity and news generation across the year for both Upfield and its brand, maximising key moments and cultural hooks
- Manage PR reporting against KPI’s and global strategy
We are looking for passionate Public Relations and Communications Professional with minimum 10 years of experience either in-house or agency with deep understanding of the regional markets, stakeholders, media landscape, strong network and media relations.
To be successful in this role you will need strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface collaboratively cross-functionally and relate both globally and locally.If you are a self-starter with loads of initiative, innovative and creative mind, with proactive and solutions-seeker approach, able to adapt fast in dynamic everchanging environment this is a perfect role for you!
Role requires fluency in English and German, ability and willingness to travel within Europe, mainly within Germany, as well as our HQ in Amsterdam and other cities if needed.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!