Operating Engineer - $41.74/HR
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the Role!
Working in the utilities maintenance group of a registered First Class plant, the candidate will maintain, repair and monitor all facility equipment such as, air compressors, boilers, HVAC and ammonia refrigeration equipment systems and components. This is a unionized position under the IUOE Local 772 paying $41.74/HR.
- Work includes preventative and corrective maintenance on utility components of facility; planning and layout, installation, repairs, contacting and supervision of contractors.
- Preparing scope of work and requesting quotes from contractors.
- Recording of data (temperature, hours of operation, fuel consumption, water levels, etc.), reading dials, gauges and manuals.
- Adjustment of manual controls to start or shut down equipment safely.
- Conducting safety tests and periodically inspecting, repairing, adjusting and lubricating.
- Recording and reporting actions taken and feeding chemicals and caustics into systems and devices. Observing the results of water titration tests.
- Investigation and troubleshooting of existing systems is required including the ability to evaluate problems and recommend solutions to issues as well as recommendations to improve operational efficiency.
- Providing relief coverage for shift engineers as required.
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent required.
- 3rd Class Operating Engineer Certification from TSSA required.
- Candidate must be able to work with hand tools, power tools and have the physical ability to perform labor intensive duties including lifting up to 50 lbs. safely, and the ability to climb stairs and ladders as part of daily activities.
- In addition, the successful candidate should be available to join the Operating Engineer team for shift work responsibilities as required by the Chief Operating Engineer.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!